Real Customer Service?

Hello,

Is there a REAL or LIVE person I can speak with? I have been trying to get answers for a week now.

Question #1. For the refunds I have received, how long does it take to be back on my card? It shows refunded but it is not reflected on my credit card. It has also been after 5 business.

Question #2. I have a lead that I was charged for that was outside of my scope of work. This has been communicated via email and via my job profile. I have communication with the customer to confirm. I am asking for a refund as I would not like to be charged for work my company cannot do.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,746

@Bmosely refunds will go back to your Thumbtack account and not your card - you can read more about that here if it's helpful. In that article you'll see instructions for where to check on those credits - but in short you'll:

1. Open the Thumbtack Pro app.
    2. Go to the Profile tab from the main menu below. 
    3. Tap the gear icon (at the top right).
    4. Tap Payments.
    5. Tap View your balance and charges.
    6. Tap the Refunds & credits tab (below your Thumbtack balance).

As for the other refund, have you submitted a refund request? I am not able to help directly with refunds here, unfortunately. If you have submitted the request then I can look into for you, though!

• Bmosely
    Bmosely Posts: 4

No refund has been credited to my account. As you can see, it shows a balance of 0.

The other refund was denied after i requested it. I was charged for work I cannot do.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,746

You aren't seeing any balance, because it has been used on other leads - you can check your receipts (linked in the same area) to see transactions and you'll be able to see where credits were applied. Here is a screenshot for reference:

For the refund that was denied, I would recommend following up to support@thumbtack.com with screenshots of conversations with the customer showing that the job they were requesting was out of your scope of work, since I am not seeing in the Thumbtack messenger I am not able to help with that. Sorry about that!