Changes to customer request forms

Matt
Matt Posts: 162
edited September 25 in Business Resilience

I have been on TT for two years now, and it seems like the platform has gone from a regular interval of referrals to a very slow trickle. Yes, its the nature of what this is, and what I do can be seasonal (Murals), but the email I received on the 16th feels more like a money grab for TT than it benefits the Pro's.

I feel that its better to ask MORE question, and not less so the lead that comes to the Pro is actually a lead that can work for both parties. What are your thoughts fellow Pro's ?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,813
    edited September 18

The team worked with our Pro Advisory Board to get advice on some of these - I think most of the questions that are being removed were questions that were basically irrelevant/didn't quite make sense in the customer flow. I also believe it was a very minimal amount of questions. But, I'd be interested to hear how it goes on your end. Keep me posted! Hopefully it actually leads to more jobs for you as lots of customers would drop off versus completing the request form.

• Matt

Thanks for the reply, honestly the email is so vague it leaves waaaay too much up to interpretation. I think a nice blog post about it with a link in the email could have eliminated some skepticism.

I do think there should be more questions when a client reaches out to the pro. For what I do, there are so many variables in pricing things out that the more information provided by the client would allow for an accurate quote and an idea on what he job entails.

• I believe the approach was trying to streamline the bid process. Most clients were not filling in all the information to gather a quote.

I believe humour point is relevant. Mural paint would have many angles to ascertain a proper bid. The surface,access and other items should be identified

On the stream side I also think we as pros have the lead handed to us and we then can confidently sell our project or at the least show that we are competent pros in the thumbtack platform

I was honored to help as part of the top pro advisory board

If I can fill you in more. I'm in Florida reached at 3865008217. Good luck with your business and I am always here to assist

Im not a thumbtack employee. Just a top pro who cares

Warm regards

Bret

• Matt

I am curious if Thumbtack would ever consider allowing the Pro's to choose what questions need answering before a client reaches out? Hmmm.

• I believe pros have a great input into what questions are asked. If you contact thumbtack. Explain your category and see if one of the design team can work with you to ensure your questions you need answered are included. I have worked with thumbtack to stream line landscape questions. It does work. I promise

Warm regards

Bret