leads have been coming up with invalid, disconnected, or inaccurate phone numbers

I have received multiple invalid, disconnected and incorrect phone numbers that are concerning. Thumbtack has been very difficult in issuing a refund for them and if the number is invalid, they say they have checked it and it is valid. How is that possible when after triple checking a number, it continues to say “number dialed is not in service” or “this call can not be completed as dialed, please check the number and try again” or now I’m even getting responses from lead phone numbers that are not even the correct contact number for the person. For example, I called a number immediately after getting a lead and the person was on a summer internship in another state, while the client was requesting services next week, or a lady who picked and had no idea who Tanner was “the leads name.” It’s extremely difficult to want to continue w thumback paying premium lead prices and have one lead after another come up with incorrect information. Even the date is usually incorrect, the type of service requested is incorrect, it’s as if I shouldn’t read half of the informative sent bc it’s different then what the client asked for

Comments

• There is not a way to do this.

TThe phone number policy states that it will have a phone number....

It does not say anything about a correct number

The only numbers they will refund are disconnected numbers

• Shay
    Shay Posts: 4

Hi Jason, they do refund fake and an inoperative phone numbers. Not just ones that are disconnected. But it would stand to reason if the phone number is not valid or invalid, meaning it is not current or useful as the definition of the word itself states then an incorrect number for a contact would be refundable.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,813

@Shay @Jason_Mayes if you were able to tune in to our Pro Summit yesterday we announced some exciting updates that are coming based on pro feedback - including some updates to how we will verify customers and some updates to our refund policy. We will be posting a recap here in the Community soon!

• @Shay I'm sorry but I 100% have to disagree that is something they do not do that thumbtack quality commitment is just there in word only

If it is possible then I would love to hear how because I have at least $200 worth of leads that should be refunded.

When you call the help desk they tell you that they have verified that the number is active and that is the key word is that it's active not disconnected

After that it doesn't matter... as long as that number is not disconnected it does not matter who it goes to it could be the phone number to the Library of Congress... it just needs to be an active number

II went round and round several times with several representatives to no avail.

But if you have a secret formula I would love to hear it

• @DustiO I was logged into the summit yesterday however the system kicked me out 15 minutes in. I would love to hear more of what is said to be honest and I am hoping you guys have a replay to show.

I would alsoI would also like if pricing was discussed at all because I know that was a major issue with all the pros

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,813

There was a Q&A with leadership at the end and this was one of the questions! I will see what we can get posted - it was 2 hours long so I don't know if we will do the wholllllle thing, but let me find out what we're posting!

• Shay

@jason_mayers, definitely call about the leads you want refunds on, most of the time I’ve been able to receive refunds on inaccurate leads… especially when the date is already booked off in my calendar or they are asking for services I do not provide. I spend quite a bit on a weekly basis and I am not unreasonable. There are a number of clients that do not get back to me or the lead is a dead end, when I do get upset, it is when it happens on multiple occasions within a short period of time. Even the amount of pros a customer Contacts is supposed to be limited, but on many occasions, I have leads that have contacted six or seven photographers, I do not complain about a number of issues! I don’t mean to come across that way. I’m just heated on this topic I do not complain that no one has yet to be able to find my website on my profile when they inquire, even when the date is wrong and I am booked, I have let that go on multiple occasions, etc. however, if certain issues are not addressed they are going to lose business because this is not a cheap platform to pay for leads and the leads need to be real. In my business as a photographer, I can’t just give someone a price and tell them I’m going to show up, for example if they reach out to Plumber and it’s $150 to fix the toilet, that’s all they need to know in my line of work they need to know what type of editing is done, what to expect from the photographer when they show up, a timeline of events, especially for weddings and how long it takes to do pictures within timeline.

• Shay

@jason_mayer and @dustiO, i understand from the reps I talked to this morning, one of the things they addressed are invalid phone numbers, including incorrect or wrong numbers. From what I understand after talking to several reps in the support team, this has been an ongoing problem that has only gotten worse and I found that out just this morning. It’s in the works of being corrected. I just want us, the pros, that actually pay thumbtack its salary to be treated fairly and reasonably. I mean for Pete’s sake even the last rep I talked to didn’t understand the policy when it came to the meaning of invalid or incorrect. And once the issue is addressed and and fixed Thumback pros will have a 30 day period to go back and have Thumbtack look into inquiries that do not meet this new policy.