Nextdoor Partnership Help!!

This is a message for all the pest control top pros/support if they monitor this.

2 weeks ago there was a blackout on Nextdoor's sponsored posts (a Top Pro perk for the top 3 in the market) that just effected the pest control industry country wide. They fixed it, but then it happened again last week on (Wed?) And still hasn't been resolved (it is now Sunday).

It seems like its just pest control and all their keywords were effected and every other industry is fine. Im just wondering if this is happening to anyone else and would love for this to be resolved.

Though it is technically happening on Nextdoor's site, their "support" is atrocious, especially compared to the people I have talked to on Thumbtack. It is a perk that drives a significant amount of business to the pro's, and therefore Thumbtack in lead money. They were able to get it resolved last time, but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

TIA! Below are pictures that show what's happening. Also if you are a top 3 top pro in your market, it might be prudent to keep checking next door (as I do and I doubt I would have noticed otherwise)!

Other industries/what pest normally looks like:

What it looked like last week and since last Wednesday:

Again, thanks for reading and hoping for some insight :)

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,610

Hi @Ppdfw thanks for flagging. I will send this to the partnerships team so that they are aware, however I am not sure there is much we can help with on our end! I will let you know if I find anything out. Thanks!

• Ppdfw
    Ppdfw Posts: 7
    edited March 2022

Hi @DustiO, the first time this issue happened it was brought to the Partnership team and it was resolved in 3 days. This time around we are entering week 2 (12 days to be exact).

It is honestly so disheartening that we are promised this perk and it is not being delivered or taken seriously and it has already negatively impacted my business. We are entering the busy season for our industry and Thumbtack is literally losing millions of dollars nationwide since Nextdoor is not honoring their end of whatever contract or agreement y'all have.

ALL other industries that are part of Thumbtack are listed except pest control. Is there please someone that might actually have an answer so my company can fully benefit from the service we have dumped over $65,000 in to?

Thanks, hopefully!

• DustiO

@Ppdfw I did let the team know and unfortunately, as we thought, there is nothing we can do on our end. I wish there was! Have you tried reaching out Nextdoor's support team again?

• Ppdfw

@DustiO you guys did something the last time it happened. As part of the top pros perk promised by Thumbtack all pest control people should be featured on nextdoor like ALL other industries are.

• How do I sign up for the partnership with NextDoor? Is there a place on Thumbtack that I need to go to get enrolled?

• DustiO

Hi @TaxGenius I don't believe that NextDoor + Thumbtack is available to Tax/accounting categories, unfortunately!

• Ppdfw

@DustiO still not working for us and I'm starting to lose my patience, but I have proof it is supposed to be from a pro in Ohio. Support keeps "checking in and calling us back by the end of the day" but that was 2 days ago and still no word.

Also @TaxGenius, @DustiO doesn't know what they are talking about. Attached is when I search "tax" on Nextdoor. You can only be featured if you are top 1-3 in your market.

• Ppdfw

@DustiO please be educated about your companies offerings.

• DustiO

@Ppdfw I apologize, I was answering from the information I was given. I would ask that you please refer to our Community Guidelines and keep communication respectful. I sincerely want to help, but I am just a human being doing the best I can, like everyone else. I have reached out to see if I can get more/updated information. I would like to reference my earlier response that we do not have control over NextDoor's support. If you have a Thumbtack support related question, I will be happy to help you find the answer. Thanks!

• DustiO
    edited March 2022

@TaxGenius upon further investigation it looks like pros categories nationwide can show up in NextDoor's search results, if they are in the top 3 results on Thumbtack. There is nothing you need to do to opt-in and if you do get leads from this they will come through just like regular Thumbtack leads.

• Ppdfw

@DustiO I apologize,. I am not trying to be disrespectful but your corporate team should arm its people with all the appropriate tools needed to preform their jobs, I appreciate that you are just a human, and I'm sorry that you are not given everything you need from corporate. I do sincerely appreciate the speed at which you respond.

I too am a human trying my hardest, who runs a business, who supports humans, that support little humans (10 of them with 1 on the way). I am very aware of that and am just trying to get things resolved with that in mind.

• Thanks for all of the dialogue around this topic. I am in the top 3 in my market on Thumbtack and have been for quite some time but I have never received a NextDoor lead. @DustiO or @Ppdfw can either of you point me to any information that can help me get tied in to the partnership with NextDoor? I have tried promoting on NextDoor on my own but have not gotten good results. Thanks

• Here is my NextDoor page. I have run promotions on their site before as you can see below, but I feel like Thumbtack may be able to help me be more successful on NextDoor with the partnership arrangement. Please let me know of any advice

• My status on Thumbtack

• Ppdfw

@TaxGenius type in tax to your general next door search bar and hit search, it should be there

•  @Ppdfw Thanks!

• So, because of this thread which has been Super Helpful, it encouraged me to run a "Local Deal" on Nextdoor for the next 30 days through the end of tax season. SURPRISINGLY I immediately got an email showing me ranked as the #4 "best liked" in my market on NextDoor.

I want to see if I get sponsored by Thumbtack through the partnership arrangement since I am one of the top 3 pros in my market on Thumbtack and anticipate being Top 3 liked on NextDoor in the coming days.

@DustiO please let me know if I am misunderstanding anything here, but shouldn't I be qualified as having a post sponsored by Thumbtack partnership like the people in the second screenshot below (Tax Help Of Carolton), and ("Top Notch Tax and Business")?