Untimely Leads

The last 2 days I have gotten leads not in my desired times.

I shut off leads from 9pm-8am.

Yesterday, I got a $63 lead at 6:30 am, by the time at I answered the lead, 3 other Pros responded. There is no way to get this project.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,606

Hi @SiinoWindowsAndDoors - thank you for posting! When you set up your calendar and business hours, those are the hours you want to do jobs. But, customers can go in the app and reach out to pros at any time. Have you looked at things like save my replies or Front Desk to help with responses? Let's also ask our Community Leaders if they have any advice on this topic! @perrysto @patrykkg @Danielle_Penn @CurlyBartender @Stat @Mage @BITBLeah @PomeranzLaw

Let's see what advice other professionals might have and hopefully we can find some solutions!

• PomeranzLaw
    PomeranzLaw Community Leader Posts: 32

I have not tried Front Desk (didn’t even know about it), but it seems like a nice feature to combat this issue.

• Mage
    Mage Posts: 114

OMG Dusti totally true; Front Desk is the BEST! 🙌🏽 I enjoy reducing stress in my business; Front Desk does exactly that for me! Then you don't have to worry about hiding your business when you're busy or going to sleep! 😆

• May I ask why your lead was $63?

• I suppose because the services you provide are more costly? Would that be correct?

• Mage

@eszymczak this article may help: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/pay-for-leads

And sometimes I get discounts on leads because the job is "small." 😎

• Anna
    Anna Posts: 1

I hid my profile on Sunday night and woke up that Monday to a $34 lead. I turned it off to save money and take a break. I needed that money to stay on my card, I had to ask for a refund. It was credited to my TT account but needed it on my card. It was an inconvenience and glitch on Thumbtack’s end. Very upsetting.

• Mage

@Anna I have not seen that happen yet; usually I can hide my business for more than one day and then unhide it early. I am so glad that you received a refund though. I often get customers who specifically select in their profiles that they are looking for online internet/phone lessons, but when they reach me, they manually type out that they were looking for in-person OR that they want local clients only.