Photos on my profile

I officiate weddings. The way Thumbtack has things set up is that before I could get my profile online, I had to provide three reviews. So I asked some folks who I had officiated their wedding to post a review. The first couple who posted a review also added photos. Their wedding took place around 1987, so you can imagine their photos looked VERY dated. Here’s the kicker. Thumbtack takes the first photos posted on your profile and uses them for the first photos people see when looking at your profile. So those photos from 1987 is what people see first when they look the photos on my profile. When I contacted Thumbtack about this to see if I could get this changed, they blew me off and said, “Sorry, that’s how we got our program set up and there’s nothing that can be done. IT won’t do anything about it.” I have no control over what photos people see on my profile first and can easily imagine that people see those photos and pass me over. I seriously believe Thumbtack is causing me to lose business. What is up with that?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

Hi @Paul_Bock thanks for posting! So sorry you didn't get the answer you were looking for when you contacted support. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done once a review is posted.

That being said, I think it's actually pretty cool to show that you have been officiating weddings for so long! I mean, how many people can say that?! I went to your profile and really liked seeing that older photo (if you were a photographer and trying to show your photography work that would be different, but I really do think it's pretty dang cool to see you officiating a wedding that many years ago and then to see photos of you officiating weddings today).

But one idea I had was this - you can add more "featured projects" (which is where those photos are showing). I wonder if you added a few more "featured projects" if they would show up first? Here are some screenshots so you can see where to do it - log in, click on "profile" and then scroll down about halfway (down past photos and past payment methods) and you'll see "add new project". And, one of the great things about featured projects, is that you are able to post details and pricing on those types of jobs, so that potential customers get a great idea of how your services work, along with the photos.

Let me know if you are able to do this, and if it works. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work! Have a great weekend and feel free to DM with any more questions, happy to help where I can.