The ability to reject a job and not be charged for the lead

Options

Lately I have been getting request for jobs in the Illustration category that are vague and have no description on what they are looking for, yet the lead cost me $40+.

I realize that leads are about demand, but the hard part is these jobs often have a very low budget ($200-300), and a high amount of work required, making them not a viable lead for me. I think the client should be required to put in their budget range, and any and all information. I get A LOT of leads with zero information. Here is where my feature request comes in.

The pro should have the ability to reject a job and not get charged. If a Pro rejects a job connection, the information of the client information could remained hashed out, and no connection information shared, therefore no lead would be charged.

I have spent too much money on leads that I would never consider with the budget they have.

Comments

• chilogm1
    Options

I been trying to speak about rejecting certain leads and not get charge and when i request a refund they always use the excuses of TT bring the clients to you it doesn't' matter if you get hired or not blah blahblah. I get leads for plumbing when my business doesn't do that type of work but still get charge. I have waste so much money on leads this pass couple of weeks and it's ridiculous

• Mrfixit9781
    Options

• Mrfixit9781
    Options

I too have the same problem. Thumbtack sends leads to sometimes 5 pros. Each one of us gets charged. Why not allow us to reject a lead without having to pay for it. I believe only the pro that takes the job should be billed.

• scoobie77
    Options

I have reduced my participation in Thumbtack exactly because I kept getting charged for leads that I didn't want to take after seeing the basic info.

• Mrfixit9781
    Options

They even charged me $70 for one lead. The job only took 15 minutes. You can only charge so much. When you try to get a refund they tell you the same thing every time. “Thumbtack gets your business in front of customers.” I’ve yet to receive work from a customer who didn’t initially choose me.

• chilogm1
    Options

I’m planning on slowing down my spending on thumbtack to because so far for the pas 3_6 months has been nothing but difficult when it come to spending. I definitely do not want to spend money on something that doesn’t benefit me why would I pay for something that I am not being hired for

• chilogm1
    Options

Last night I payed $15 for a lead just to be told they will go with someone else and will leave a good review for me like what is that

• I have the same problem. Also, in my case (I'm a photographer) the potential client assumes the type of session they need is "portrait"...portrait in my world/studio is a 15 minute headshot session that is $350....when what they are really wanting is a family/maternity/newborn sessions and those 3 different sessions are vastly different and at least 3 times the investment compared to the portrait session so when they see the pricing for the actual session they are wanting they are shocked and I have even been blamed a few times now for bait and switching...which I am not doing at all as my pricing is clear in Thumbtack and on my website and anywhere else they would be looking at my details. The problem lies in what the potential client is saying they need, which would be incorrect from their point and they aren't aware of that. It would be nice if we could have the questionnaire for those looking for services include a description of each item we offer along with pricing. Although I think I may have out priced those looking for services on Thumbtack because I now rarely see anything coming through.