Licenses on profiles

WelderPNW
WelderPNW Posts: 11
edited October 2022 in Community News

Hi, I'm wondering why only some profiles have the badge for "licensed Pro" while other's don't? I'm registered in my state as a specialty contractor. Bonded and Insured. Yet, my competition is not. It is a disservice to the consumer to have non-licensed contractors provide their illegal service via TTPRO along side those who have to pay the State in order to operate within the confines of the law.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,606

@WelderPNW It is up to pros to submit their license to TT, if you don't see a license on their profile it doesn't mean they are not licensed. We also advise all customers that they ensure contractors are licensed where required.

• It seems unfair that some pros (with license ) don’t have the “licensed Pro” badge on their profile, while others do. 🤔

• DustiO

If a pro doesn't have a badge it is either because they have not submitted it, or it isn't a license type that TT verifies. I can see your license on your profile. This article explains which licenses we verify.

• Really? I haven't seen the badge on my profile. Sure, it says I have a license, but it is not displayed like the example I've attached.

• DustiO

That is interesting. I don't see any of those badges when I search for welders in your area - and I see you at the top of the list. How were you searching for that? Did you search for something that an electrician would show up for? ie maybe that shows up for things like electricians, but not welders? I'm not sure. I will dig into it. But when someone clicks on your profile they can see that you are a licensed welder.

• That's what I'M SAYING! LOL. BTW it is illegal to advertise welding services without a valid contractors L's and or business license. It's not fair to me or other pros, or the consumer.