What does Quality commitment really mean?

Marcus1987
Marcus1987 Posts: 12
edited November 2022 in Network and Collaborate

I noticed that the "Unread refund policy" has been discontinued I believe last August 2021, and It was replaced by the "Quality commitment" where phone numbers are attached to every lead to make sure that we pros get another way of communicating to the customers. But what happen when customers enter a fake or a wrong number?

I tried to communicate to the customer named earlier today and he said that the telephone wasn't his phone. This was the message I got: "Someone used my phone number on their Thumbtack account. I’m not the person you’re trying to contact. I’m just getting all their Thumbtack texts. 😑"

I requested a refund after that, but it was denied. Are these leads legit? How can I be sure? Honestly, I'm beginning to doubt it. The last two or three weeks, 100% of all the leads I get and answer back do not read my messages. Are customers not even interested in reading? Only a couple of weeks ago, almost 100% of the messages I sent to a lead were read?

Comments

• Most of the projects that customers cancel get refunded, but why do they cancel without even reading the messages from the pros they requested? Thumbtack says that's what the Quality commitment is for, so they have to post a phone, but is Thumbtack even checking if the phones are real?