December contest: Year in Review

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634

To enter this month's contest, drop a comment below with your proudest accomplishments of 2022, and let us know what you'd like to see happen in the Community in 2023.

As 2022 draws to a close, I can’t help but feel a bit emotional about all that we have accomplished, together. At the beginning of this year we set out to continue building a strong and engaged Community with the help of our Community members (that's YOU). And thanks to all of you, we did just that!

Some 2022 Community highlights:

• ~50,000 members
  • 26 incredible CommuniTEA networking events
  • A wealth of amazing content from pros like you
  • Tens of thousand of searches
  • You have created 36 networking groups
  • You’ve visited the Community nearly 200,000 times and made over 1,500 posts & comments - and with each visit you have made this a better place

We’re proud of the year we’ve had and we know it couldn’t have happened without you. Here’s to hoping 2023 brings even more success — to the Community and to you and your businesses.

Keep sharing, keep asking questions, and let’s keep building this thing together.

Comments

• Js_Garage_Door1
    Options

Best part of 2022 was that we kept growing as a business. I'm sure we're all in the same boat here; 2022 had A LOT of challenge's. Working though COVID outbreaks, price hikes, shipping/manufacturing delays, finding new vendors/customers/supply chains and let's not forget this is on top of all the normal problems you have when operating a business. So if you were one of the business (like us) that overcame adversity my hats off to you! We managed to continue to grow our small business with reviews (made top pro for the 6th year straight), finding new customers, and reevaluating and streamlining our vendors. I once heard that if your business isn't growing it's actually moving backwards. I totally get that now.

• ShaquealThomas
    Options

@DustiO lets do it!!!

• Willturner673
    Options

• Willturner673
    Options

I'm greatly appreciative to still be in business after a crazy and have all my customers being happy with the work I've done for them

• KTV_2022
    Options

We had an up-and-down year but have fought through it and survived. Our business has grown substantially ( for us) with a lot of growing pains BUT like many other comments, we all persevered, grew from obstacles, and flourished. No one knows what 2023 will bring but don't look at the ground; look at the heavens, thank whomever it is you thank, and we will all be here for 2023's contest!!!!! Merry Christmas to all.

Celebrating Your Life

KT and Shirl

• Js_Garage_Door1
    Js_Garage_Door1 Posts: 28
    edited December 2022
    Options

@ShaquealThomas @DustiO please keep me posted on your idea! I really like it! @DustiO

• Jena1977
    Options

I'm new here however , I wanted to chime in! In 2019 I started a landscaping company here in Jax FL. At the time and still I'm the only female owner of a legit licensed and insured landscape company. However, in recent years I start having customers ask me for referrals for reliable home service help. I could usually provide one for them. The one service that kept getting ask for was housekeeping. I never had a answer for sadly ,but after previewing and nights up researching I found the over head was affordable to try. So in early 2022 I ran a pilot of it to see if it would be successful mainly within the same network who was asking for this the landscape customers. It became something more then I thought in 8 months or so . I hired more workers because I was getting more business then I thought I would in November I decided to make the company official and I'm proud I did! We are new here and having success and I plan to put the landscape company on here too. Especially for all the advertising mistakes I have learned over the years this seems to be the best fit. I am proud I took a leap of faith . My workers are happy I am thrilled to have come so far in such a little part of my life. I see both companies being successful in 2023 even though one was already existing and achieving success now both will! Ty for allowing me to sure!

• Mage
    Mage Posts: 118
    edited January 2023
    Options

What I would like to see in the Thumbtack Community for 2023:

• Scheduled meetings with Pros in our industries.
    • More guidance in targeting our great fit customers.
    • Increased participation from Pros.

And now for the proudest accomplishments of my students in 2022:

🎊 Congratulations to our students’ achievements in 2022. Read on to learn more!

Top row, left to right:

⭐️ Emma:

• MTNA MUSIC STUDY AWARD

• Second Place, MTAC Composers Today State Contest

• Honorable Mention, CAPMT Composition Competition

• Honorable Mention, NATS LA Chapter Student Auditions

• First Class Honors with Distinction, RCM Voice Examination

• CAPMT Ensemble Festivals, San Diego North

• Semi-Finalist, NATS Student Auditions, Cal-Western Region

⭐️ Eros:

• Improvisation Celebration Recital Performance, MTAC Convention

⭐️ Pia:

• State Honors, MTAC Certificate of Merit® for Guitar

⭐️ Eric:

• MTNA MUSIC STUDY AWARD

Middle row, left to right:

⭐️ Rene:

• State Honors in MTAC Certificate of Merit® for Guitar

⭐️ Monty:

• First Class Honors in RCM Voice Examination

• Invitation to perform in Celebrate of Excellence

⭐️ Sebastian:

• MTNA MUSIC STUDY AWARD

• Improvisation Celebration Recital Performance, MTAC Convention

• First Class Honors with Distinction, RCM Preparatory Voice Examination

• CAPMT Ensemble Festivals 2022, San Diego North

• Semi-Finalist, NATS Student Auditions, Cal-Western Region

Bottom Row, left to right:

⭐️ Greg:

• Invitation to Perform, Improvisation Celebration Recital Performance, MTAC Convention

⭐️ Jacqueline:

• First Class Honors in RCM Voice Examination

⭐️ Mage, NCTM (Nationally Certified Teacher of Music at MageMusic.NET):

• Third Place, MTAC Composers Today State Contest

#studentsuccess

#musicstudents

#studentachievements

#musicwinners

#nationallycertifiedteacherofmusic

#nctm

#studentexcellence

#musicteacher

#musiceducation

#musicachievements

#musicsuccess

#musicalsuccess

#musicalachievements

#musiclessons

#certifiedmusicteacher 

See our students in action:

🙏🏽 Thank you Thumbtack Community for connecting us! May we succeed in 2023! 🎊