Stop getting leads

I used to get lots of leads for tutoring jobs but I haven't gotten any in ages. Don't know why they stopped coming. Something must be different. Maybe I am not be shown to prospects anymore.

Comments

• Having the same problem for almost 3 months. Not a single lead! Have you gotten any answers?

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

@MoBeth and @Idesigner74 sorry to hear this! I took a look at both of your accounts and I'm not seeing any obvious reasons why you wouldn't be getting any leads. I will reach out to a support team member and see if they can spot anything that I may be missing! In the meantime I would suggest going over your targeting preferences - travel area, job types, etc and making sure those are all set to the jobs you want. It could be something as simple as the holidays/economy and these may be categories that people shy away from under those circumstances, but let's rule everything else out. I will follow up here if we are able to see anything else!

• DustiO

Ok, I heard back and here is what the team said:

@MoBeth

I can confirm the pro is showing in the directory list and viewable by customers. I may also confirm she's had views, though only 2 in the last few weeks.

Digging further, we can see she is in an incredibly competitive location and is appearing toward the middle of the directory list.

Completing her profile and adding more ratings might help her visibility but the real problem is in the customer demand.

Her insights reveal only 4 jobs for her category/area over the last 3 months.

Where her competition is seeing success I believe, is through offering their services remotely.

@Idesigner74

I can see the market is competitive with several other accounts, where she is showing in the directory about half way down the page. Even so, this account looks more ideal in strength and prices than the competitors above them.This pro has had 34 views in the last 4 weeks and it looks to be increasing in volume a little each week. We'll want to try to help the pro turn these views into leads. For this, I would suggest trying to add more ratings, completion of their profile and then as well to go back and give a reply to each previous rating. Even so much as a 'thank you' will help increase the pro's visibility.

If you both want to try these things and give it a few days and let me know if it helps that would be great! Let me know how else I can help!

• Thank you for looking into this more deeply. A couple of additional questions/concerns in response to your feedback:

1. At the time I interacted with the community board yesterday (and over the past week or two), the number of profile views that were shown to me in my dashboard info was 1 in the past 4 weeks. I did not see 34, as referenced in your response, anywhere then or now. What could be the reason for the inconsistent and conflicting information? Is that happening in other areas?
    2. Per the recommendation to go back and reply to reviews, there are only 3 reviews in the past 5 years to which I did not reply. It seems strange and is frustrating that my account/profile is being pushed down for that, especially when the details of my profile still seem more favorable as it currently, than profiles shown above me.

Based on my experience with your service over 5+ years, if I have in fact had 34 views in the past 4 weeks and not a single lead or request, I am even more baffled and suspicious. The only change in my profile was adding a few photos and increasing my budget amount, which suddenly resulted in people being completely disinterested and turned off by my profile? Seems highly unlikely to me. Can you tell me how many leads (not views) have been distributed over the past 4 weeks for my same services?

• DustiO

@Idesigner74 You can see all of that in your insights page, here. If that link doesn't work you just go to your account, click "services", and then click "view business insights". It has always been the cases that there are a lot more views than leads. And those are just suggestions, you don't need to do any of them! I have just been told that sometimes those things can help with visibility. Ranking is highly complicated and there is not one perfect solve for any of it, unfortunately!

• There’s an issue at thumbtack that they are hiding from us or blissfully ignorant too. Many pros are having the same issue:

leads and views completely dropping, I’m not even appearing in search anymore for my main targeting area.

They keep looking into individual accounts and see no problem so all is fine as far as they are concerned, instead of looking into their system and figuring out why so many people are suddenly having issues.

• WDodson
    WDodson Posts: 27

There’s a cost for TT to get every service and every job type to appear on page 1 of google search in every city every day. Yes it might be profile quality and complex competitive factors on TT also, as you would expect, but SEO and paid google ads are the points of the spear, right?

• DustiO

@PrimeConstruction_92 answered in the other thread where you posted :)

• How do we even see our ad?

• DustiO

@GlennBates_PropMng1 when you log in, go to "services" and then click "look yourself up" — this will take you to the search results (list view). Or, go to "profile" and click "preview" if you're in the app or "view as customer" if you're on desktop.

• There is no "Look Yourself Up".

• Maybe because it's not fully filled out. When I click on "Set your job preferences" I get: This page may have moved or is no longer available.

• Why is Thumbtack so difficult to use? Why is it so difficult to talk to someone there to help you? I spent two hours on hold yesterday and no one ever picked up. I sent them a message on Twitter asking them about pricing. They gave me a link to a page for pricing for painting, plumbing, landscaping, etc. I told them that wasn't the right link. They won't reply back to me now.

• DustiO

@GlennBates_PropMng1 You need to complete set up - when I logged in as you I could see the banner at the top that says you need to complete set up. Click that prompt and then make sure you select "Glenn Bates Property Management" in the drop down when you get to the screen to set up, because it looks like somehow you set up 2 different profiles. But I tested it and was able to continue on that one. If it's the other one you're trying to set up you'll need to log in and click "profile" and select "Glenn Bates" and you can continue set up from there.

Twitter is not the place to go to get support. Go to your contact us page (be sure you are logged in) or email support@thumbtack.com - thanks!

• The only thing that hasn't been filled out is the "Add one past customer review." How can I leave a review when I just signed on? I need that first customer.

• DustiO

When I log in as you I am able to go to profile and then click view as customer. I'm guessing you won't be able to use the "look yourself up" for a few days since you just got finished setting up today. I would give it a couple days and then try that option again. But for now you can see what your profile looks like to a customer if you do what I said above - log in, go to profile (and select the property mgmt one) and then click view as customer.

As far as reviews you are able to get up to ten reviews from past clients - here are instructions on how to do that. Would highly recommend as having 5+ reviews substantially increases your chances of being hired.

The Help Center is an incredible resource and will have videos or articles for nearly everything you need to know so check there if you want to know more about getting set up!

• Like I said, no clients equals no reviews.

Now, how much would I have to pay to land a client?

• DustiO

@GlennBates_PropMng1 If you don't have any past clients that you worked with before Thumbtack, then you'll just have to be sure to respond really quickly to any leads you get and make sure you have a great intro and a strong profile and make sure you are communicating with the customer effectively. Again, please visit the Help Center, there are a lot of resources there. I would also recommend attending our CommuniTEA - bi-weekly Community Networking Hour - where you can talk to other pros and see if they have any advice for someone just starting out and trying to get that first review. Thanks.

• Why is it so hard to get an answer to how much I will have to pay to land a client?

How much will it cost me to land a client?

• DustiO

@GlennBates_PropMng1 I can't answer that question for you. You can look in your services and see what leads cost on average. PLEASE, use the Help Center. Here is an article about pricing.

• That doesn't tell me anything. It could be $10 or it could be $1,000. And if I understand, someone could contact me that isn't even that interested and I have to pay for them contacting me.

• DustiO

@GlennBates_PropMng1 You can look in your settings and see what the price range is for leads in your category. I do not know the cost of every lead in every area and every category. I can also not predict how many leads you will win. Please review our Community Code of Conduct - We do our best to answer questions quickly and with as much detail as possible. If your question has been addressed, please accept the answer in good faith and move on.

• Also, when I click on "Look Yourself Up" I'm grouped with people not doing the same thing I am doing. I'm not sure Thumbtack is doing right with my profile. Someone looking for me isn't going to find me and someone looking for something else will be contacting me costing me money.

• It hasn't been addressed. I just explained why.

• I have made some changes. Maybe this will work. But still concerned about pricing. No one has been able to tell me if someone contacts me, if I get charged for that.

• DustiO

@GlennBates_PropMng1 I just looked you up and you are appearing with other property managers. Please make sure you are selecting the correct profile before you click "look me up". Please contact support for further questions, as they will be better able to help you with your profile. You can see how to contact support here. And again, try the Help Center as there are a ton of amazing resources there. Thanks!

• And they are all residential property managers. I am not in that category.

• DustiO

You can find answers to these questions there - look at this article about how leads work and when you're charged.