Customer service says they don't have to provide an accurate number

Just got hung up on by thumbtack customer service because I insisted that at no point in the terms of service does thumbtack state we can be charged for a lead without a valid means of contact

which customer service believes to mean that just because a phone number is wrong, doesn't mean that it isn't a real phone number, and thus eligible for a refund.

Obviously this is nonsense, and isn't supported anywhere, nor is it suggested, implied, or stated that the leads we receive and are charged for come without a means to contact a client.

And who out there is saying that you can video your phone making a phone call with audio? Which is the fall back defense of the customer service rep.

@DustiO

contacted a direct lead- I was the only one contacted

person answered phone, stated the persons name in the lead was not at this phone number and must be a wrong number

Thumbtack provides no means to contact clients other than the phone number and the app,

Need some assistance on this one

Comments

• daliat07
    daliat07 Posts: 2

Good luck with that! Customer service is of NO help. I've lost hundreds of dollars on numbers that are not in service. They refuse to refund us!