Customer not responding to pay the outstanding remaining balance

Options

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to discuss a challenging situation I am currently facing with a customer. I have completed four projects for this customer, as per our agreement, with a payment structure of 50% upfront and 50% upon completion. While the customer has made payments for three of the projects, totaling 75% of the proposed amount, there is still a remaining balance of approximately $4000 that has been pending for over 8 weeks.

Despite my continuous efforts to request payment, the customer has been providing excuses and recently informed me that she will be unable to pay until she receives payment from her mortgage company. In an attempt to resolve the matter professionally and amicably, I have visited her house multiple times and attempted to communicate with her through calls and texts. Unfortunately, she has not been responsive to my attempts to settle the outstanding balance.

To address this issue formally, I sent the customer a lien intention letter. In response, she requested that I refrain from visiting her house without her consent. I have diligently documented all communication and payment records throughout this process. This situation has been frustrating, as I have provided quality service while feeling taken advantage of by this customer. It is disheartening to believe that my hard-earned income, which is essential for supporting my family, may have been unfairly withheld.

I would greatly appreciate your advice on how to handle this situation. Additionally, I am curious to know if Thumbtack, the platform we connected through, can provide any assistance or guidance in resolving this matter.

Thank you for your attention and support.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,630
    Options

Can you please send this to support@thumbtack.com? They will be able to send this to the right team. Sorry you're dealing with it!