no leads for close to a month

Options

I have seen many posts like this, but I will add mine. recently I had a stretch where I got no leads for about a month. then i got 3 leads in a day ( two of which were not very good) and then again nothing for a few weeks. I have a very fast response time and good reviews, etc.

thumbtack is integral to my business and when this happens my income drops a lot.

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

I feel the same way, it seems like it is a batch system, almost like they restrict profiles for a certain time to give other pros views/leads then cycle through. All of which is terrible for the Pro experience, and frankly the clients experience too. The system is broken, and not a lot seems to be moving in the direction to fix it.

• Jennifer_Cervantes
    Options

Agreed! I have been using Thumbtack since 2021 and when I first joined, the leads were pouring in at the same budget I have set now. Ever since they implemented "max lead prices," I've noticed a significant drop in leads for my small business. In addition, I have noticed a decline in the quality of leads. 90% of the time these "customers" do not even read my messages!

• Yurik_Riegel
    Options

one theory i have has to do with their algorithm, is when they have only given you a few crummy leads recently, then you may not have had a review recently. though I have nothing but 5 star reviews, I have not gotten many leads the last 6 months and no reviews, so i went from top performer to the algorithm considering me at the bottom - a nube'. Algorithm thinks no reviews in 6 mo = Zero Stars :-(