Metrics

rvgrand
rvgrand Posts: 51
edited January 2023 in Thumbtack Pro Rewards

Has anyone else seen their metrics crash recently? Just looking at my insights, there has been a steady decline in views and lead amounts in the past few months. Where I used to see over a 1k profile views, I now see... 135. That is a significant drop if we're thinking about click through percentages. I spend a significant, to me anyways, lead budget and have not changed anything. This decline is staggering.

Comments

• Yes I'm seeing a huge decline in both views and leads. I'm also continuously getting error message on my Samsung Android phone and have trouble getting to a lead with it. I've been told for 5 years now that Android has an issue with TT app... and its "getting fixed"... well. it ain't and I lose clients when I can't get to a lead to send a quote. VERY ANOYING.. and costly as well!

• @GoodQuestionTutoring I did see that thread and have attempted to change max lead prices. Come to find out, I don't have access to max lead prices for some reason. I reached out to tech support and was told that there's a technical issue with my account. I was also told that there is no timeframe for the fix. Since repairs are on a per case basis, I could very well be in slot 100000 and not see any progress in the foreseeable future.

• Something is definitely going on.

• Check the “look yourself up” and see if you are even being included in the search results, I’m having the same issue and realized it’s because I’m being omitted from the search results in thumbtack despite being a top pro.

https://youtu.be/lWWQiMCMdxg

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

@Kristi_Jarrett I would recommend reaching out to support@thumbtack.com if you are not showing up in search results so they can look into it and see if you are experiencing a technical issue, or if they have recommendations for how you can show up better!

• Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 1

Yeah same problem here. I was too 10 in my area. Have great stats. This week I don’t have a single view of my profile and looked myself up and I don’t even show up now. Every time I reach out for opportunities I have never gotten a response and I know for a fact I’m offering a way better price bc I would just keep lowering just to see if someone will respond to it but nothing. Very weird. It’s actually starting to really piss me off.

• They have a bug and are for some reason refusing to admit it, you are not alone.

• DustiO

@Nevada I would recommend reaching out to support@thumbtack.com and letting them know that you are not showing up. @Mattacus I believe I shared your case number with you and I would suggest you follow up with support as well — and keep in mind that if there is a technical issue it does take time to fix. Thank you!

• I can’t say I’d recommend it, I follow up 4 x a day for over a week and have gotten nowhere. Wait times are also hours these days

• Theresa
    Theresa Posts: 48

I have similar experience. The leads in my category have dropped 80 to 90% for Views per week. With such small numbers I'm not getting direct client contact any longer. I called support and they were clueless other then putting the blame on my profile, (nothing has changed in my profile and everyone at TT tells me it’s great)

which does not explain the drop in Views. I think TT should be communicating to us Pros, letting us know what’s going on and what they are doing about it.

• DustiO

@Theresa I took a look at your insights page and it looks like your leads and views are up significantly from the previous week and the week before that. You are also showing up in the first 5 search results. So, I think the agents you spoke with were probably right in that everything looks good. I am guessing that the current economy is probably effecting these types of services? (but that is just a guess). If you look at your how you compare page and scroll down to the bottom you can see how many customers are searching for your types of services vs how many active pros and this might be lower that usual? But, all this to say I am not sure what the previous 4 weeks looked like for you (since the insights I can see don't go beyond that) - so when I look it looks like everything is going up, but it may still be low for you. Have you noticed an increase this past week?

• @DustiO Thank you for responding. As a matter of fact the number of views has increased this week. I also increased my cost for leads to be more competitive.