Is it possible to send leads only to customers willing to ship their items to me?

Hi,

I'm a Thumbtack Pro with a video transfer service that involves digitizing home video tapes from customers . I've started off covering my local area where customers can drop off their tapes in person and that's worked out fairly well. I've expanded my targeting preference to include other states and have picked up additional customers who mail their tapes to me.

However, there are many times when a lead goes out to a potential out of state customer and after they find out they would have to mail their tapes, they decide not to proceed. As a result, I am charged for that lead but it doesn't result in a job. Is there any way to have leads sent only to customers who are able to mail their tapes?

My profile and service description clearly indicate my location but potential customers only see this information after the lead has been sent to them and I am charged. I'm trying to limit leads to only customers who can mail their tapes. If anyone has suggestions on how this may be possible, please post a response.

Thank you!

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,610

@LilyGarden I know that @soonerkimmy was having a similar issue with her calligraphy artwork business and so she decided to add some info in the name of her business section so that people saw it immediately and that has worked really well for her. Here is a screenshot of her profile - maybe you could try something like that? Even if it is just the list view, that part would be seen. Hope this helps!

• Hi DustiO,

My understanding is that Thumbtack automatically sends out leads to potential customers based on my targeting preference and I am charged for those leads whether the recipient responds or not. If I were to add a phrase to my business name as you suggested to indicate my location, then customers could read that and those who didn't want to mail their tapes would not reply however wouldn't I still be charged for that lead?

• DustiO,

I was following up on my last post. Thanks.

• DustiO

@LilyGarden sorry for the delayed reply, I have been out for a few days - but ideally the customer would not reach out to you if they saw that in your business name (and the you would not pay for a lead).

• Thanks for the follow up.

I have a significant number of leads that have reached out to me and I responded back through Thumbtack messages as well as text messages using their phone number but received no response in return. Therefore I ended up being charged for that lead with no communication taking place. What are the chances I can get a refund in those situations?

• DustiO

@LilyGarden You will need to request a refund (that is not something I am able to help with, unfortunately).

• In addition to relying on receiving direct leads and listings in Opportunities, is it possible for me as a Pro to actively search out potential customers who are looking for services that I offer and contact them myself?

• DustiO

@LilyGarden the opportunities tab is the closest you will get to that, unfortunately. You do have a way to share your Thumbtack profile, so you could share that on your social media and stuff, but otherwise there isn't a way to proactively reach out to customers (other than the opportunities tab). Hope this helps to clarify!