Support is not answering phone call, text and chat is auto response and no body online

So what exactly is happening with support at TT?

There is no way to contact anyone, no answers to text, on hold for hours long so you are forced to hang up, and now Chat has been relegated to auto response and just says to go to a different part of the website.

Why has thumbtack insulated itself away from professionals?

I am a platinum status member.

This is very shady and requires a professional response, not a redirect to a webpage wherein the answer is not in place

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,610

Due to macroeconomic impacts on the economy and our industry, we had to make the difficult decision to reduce our headcount by ~14% globally — about 160 employees. Headcount reductions were made across all teams and across levels - and our support teams were affected. Teams are being retrained, but it will take some time for support to get back up to a faster pace. So, your patience is appreciated.

There are a ton of great resources in the Help Center, and if you have questions about anything that you weren't able to get answered there I am happy to try and find answers for you.

Was there a specific question I could help with?

• @DustiO you seem pretty dialed in and particularly helpful in doing what you do, so first and foremost, thanks for that

Specific question at this point would be about when customer support will be retrained, there must be a timetable

• DustiO

Unfortunately I do have a timetable, but everyone is working really hard to get everyone up to speed. In the meantime definitely take advantage of those resources and join our CommuniTEA sessions if you can!

• DustiO

Also thank you - and you are welcome. I know I don't always have the answers, but I do try really hard here!

• paklucas
    paklucas Posts: 1

So in the mean time, is this the only place we can ask our own questions?

• DustiO

@paklucas while this is not technically a support channel, I am happy to answer questions when I can, or tag in pros who might be able to help.

• Enkultt
    Enkultt Posts: 5

Opportunity is a misnomer on thumbtack. These are job requests that fell through the cracks by design, being sold to the Pros at a premium. Direct leads, Instant Booking requests, are dwindling almost to a halt because apparently, the opportunity to make money is for thumbtack, not for the Pros.

I am a actually a Top Pro with excellent review record but this is not reflected on my profile to the customers, nor to some extent on my dashboard. It is frustrating, more so since it impacts my business negatively. Adding salt to injury, I got a job request( out of the very few ) totally unrelated to my job preferences for which I have been substantially charged and at the moment with no recourse. Need I say, the recourse "Request Refund" lately is unheeded. There are no more jobs coming, no way to "look up myself" based on a particular job preference, nor am I able to utilize the filter option to obtain more detailed comparison with other competing Pros.

All these said, it is impossible to directly contact the support team on the phone. Email inquiries on issues are met with unrelated responses referencing the Q&A pages.

I believe AI is presently in its infancy, issues still persist with no human intervention. The Pros are on the short end of the stick.

• DustiO

@Enkultt

• Opportunities are no charge unless the customer responds to you.
    • You are not currently a Top Pro, but you can see your rewards progress and what you need to do to get there here on your Rewards Progress page.
    • If you are having issues with your Insights page, please submit a bug report.
    • Support is available from 8am-5pm MST Monday-Friday. You can get correct contact information on your Contact Us page (you'll need to be logged in to your account).
    • I see 3 recent refunds - if there is one in specific you'd like me to take a look at, let me know the customer name and I can check on it.
    • I would also suggest playing around with your Max Lead Prices to see if that helps to get more leads/visibility. You are not locked into that and can play around with it for a short time period to see if it makes a difference.
    • Below you can see a screenshot of where you can click to see where you rank and how you appear in search results to a customer. Hope this helps!

• Enkultt

That is my point.

When customers respond you will be charged a premium even for general questions . I consider this a free consultation for the customers I love to serve but the Pros still have to pay regardless. Requests are structured to be directed to this category.

Prior to my deactivation of the account, I was, and still should be a top Pro, considering my level of services remain the same since day-one. I refer you to the attached screen-shot

The screenshot you forwarded is my dashboard that I navigate every day. There are no answers there. The lack of answers in those areas you're referencing, has been the reasons for the complaints I outlined.

I refer you to the most recent undue charges that have not been resolved. More Screen shots to follow.

• Enkultt

No answer:

Thumbtack phone#: 866-501-5809

• DustiO
    edited July 2023

Top Pro status is earned every 3 months, during this current period, you have not yet qualified - please see the resource I sent you on that. Did you submit those leads for refunds? I would suggest submitting those for a refund if you they do not match your preferences, if you haven't already. And the screenshot I sent was in regards to your question about not being able to look yourself up, all of the other questions have links to pages in your account or to help center articles. Sorry I couldn't help more.

• Enkultt

Yes I did a few times.

Since I submitted the most recent refund requests and ensuing complaints, I have not been getting leads.

I have raised my max lead prices, weekly budgets and been in constant watch of my profile and navigating my dashboard.

Serving customers is paramount. Without all the above, I do not have a way to continue to prove myself as a Top Pro.

• Enkultt