What is Thumbtack Pro Rewards, and how does it work?

DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,580
edited February 2023 in Thumbtack Pro Rewards

Thumbtack Pro Rewards is here - to recognize and celebrate YOU! You provide a great experience for your customers and we want you to know your effort doesn’t go unnoticed – we see you.

Thumbtack Pro Rewards is made up of three tiers - Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Not only do these tiers recognize your consistently great service, but they also come with rewards! Here are some of the rewards you can receive - as you reach higher tiers you’ll unlock new rewards.  

Silver rewards include things like Thumbtack swag, and exclusive success workshops.

Gold rewards include things like priority chat and email support, eligibility for our pro partnership committee, and marketing workshops.

Platinum rewards include things like a Top Pro badge and the chance to be featured in Thumbtack marketing materials.

You qualify for rewards by earning points as you accept jobs and respond to new leads. And by continuing to offer excellent customer service on Thumbtack. 

☑Complete your profile: This includes adding at least 1 photo to your profile. 

☑Maintain a high star rating: 4.5 for Silver, 4.6 for Gold, and 4.7 for Platinum.

☑Complete a background check

☑Respond to customers quickly:  Your response rate shows the percentage of leads you respond to within 1 hour (between 8 am-8 pm local time). No requirement for Silver, 65% response rate for Gold, 75% response rate for Platinum.

☑Earn points: You earn 100 points for every lead you respond to at least once after the customer messages you, and double points for every booking completed through Thumbtack, including Instant Booking or Instant Consultation. 300 points for Silver, 1,200 points for Gold, and 2,400 points for Platinum. 

☑Qualifying periods: There are four qualifying periods per year - December through February, March through May, June through August, and September through November.

Check your rewards status here in your Thumbtack profile. For more details, check out this article in our Help Center. Thumbtack Pro Rewards was developed with pros like you, and it will evolve as we move forward, with your feedback. Comment below with your thoughts and questions and tell us what you’re most excited about.

Comments

• Galager
    Galager Posts: 5
    edited September 2021

What if I don't get enough leads to even earn enough points to get Platinum? Last MONTH I got 6 leads. At this rate I will 1800 points and will NEVER be able to be a platinum Top Pro. I have been a Top Pro with Thumbtack since they started the program and use it in my marketing all the time. Now it is impossible for me to get it because I don't get enough leads from TT. When I called customer support I was told to make myself more available. I take Sundays off. ONE DAY A WEEK OFF! I also hide my company when I am working a wedding because it would be highly unproffessional to be on my phone sending quotes when I am supposed to be working someone's wedding. And with the response time requirements on Top Pros, I would NEED to reply in the middle of wedding or I would be penalized.

This new system is horrible. Get rid of the points system per lead. Do something a little more fare for pros who don't get as many leads.

• DustiO

@Galager thank you for your thoughtful response. As a former wedding business owner myself, I definitely understand your concern and it says a lot about your dedication to your clients. Remember, the response time requires that 1-hour response only a percentage of the time, not all of the time. Also, you can use things like saved replies so that you can quickly respond to customers without taking time away from your work. As far as leads go, if you want to DM me we can take a look at your account and see if there is anything else we can do to get more leads. And let's keep this dialogue open - please keep sharing your experience as this rolls out.

• It says our company is at platinum status, but how do we claim our rewards? I need to speak with a Thumbtack representative, but getting ahold of someone is nearly impossible. We are supposed to have a "concierge" - where is this feature?

• DustiO

Hi @vocallabnyc congrats, that is amazing! If you go to your rewards overview page you can see where to register for things like the Success Workshop or Marketing Workshops (if you can't find where, just let me know!), and your Top Pro badge will automatically show on your profile so you don't need to do anything there. If you will send me a DM with your best email/phone number I will have a member of the concierge team reach out to you - you are automatically routed to that team when you call or email, but I think support is pretty backed up right now coming back from the holiday closure and I want to make sure you get taken care of!

• Well, some time has passed and this new system is still terrible. I have been a top pro with TT since the program started and a 'Best Of' pro for years before that. I got a grand total of 6 leads last month. SIX! How am I supposed to be able to get Top Pro if it is based on the number of leads YOU SEND ME?

• At this rate it will take me 40 months (over 3 years) to get enough points from enough leads from TT to qualify for your platinum level.

• DustiO

@Galager Sorry about your frustration. You need 2400 points to qualify for Platinum - you already have 1000 points and you have until the end of February to reach 2400 (not sure where your 40 months math came in, but you get 100 points for each lead, so you are on track). You also already have the star rating and response time to get there (you actually have 100% response rate which is really amazing).

I understand that these are tough times for events, as not a lot of people are gathering in big groups. But, new rewards cycles begin every 3 months, so every 3 months you have a chance to re-qualify. And, hopefully things pick up soon! Hope this helps!

• How does someone with 2 hires (not me) get Top Pro status? What's the math?

• DustiO

@bgood2021 If you look at the requirements, "hires" is not one of them, because it is on the customers to mark pros as hired, so it is hard to accurately track. So even if it says someone was only hired 2 times, chances are they have been hired more than that. Hope this helps!

• Hello! We are a Top Pro Platinum. How can we get a representative assigned to our account so that we can directly contact them when needed? The promised priority chat and email support still entail having to try days in a row and wait for hours/days to get a response, if any. Hope we can find a better option to get in contact with someone on your team! Thank you!

• DustiO

@Yana_Dralyuk unfortunately we are not able to get someone assigned specifically to your account. Last week many of our support team members were meeting together for training and team building (we do this only a couple of times per year, since we work remotely - and this gives teams a chance to connect in person) so support was a bit slower last week. You should have better luck this week contacting support. In the meantime, is there something I can help you with?