February contest: Love What You Do

DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,606

Time really does fly, doesn't it? We are already in February! For this month's contest, we want to hear what you love about being an entrepreneur.

As a former business owner myself, I know entrepreneurship comes with a lot of challenges. But, it also comes with a lot of rewards. For me, I loved knowing that my unique talents were what made my business successful - whether that was building relationships with perspective clients or designing the cake of their dreams - it was me that did the work and it was me that built the business. What an amazing feeling of accomplishment that was!

Comment below and tell us your favorite things about owning your own business (you can share the challenges, too) for a chance to win exclusive Thumbtack swag.

Comments

• I love being able to control the impact of a client's "once-in-a-lifetime" event and select who and what clients I deal with. I also love the concept of being able to create the time and initiative to give back with charities. Accepting outside the box opportunities that equate to cool life experiences and not necessarily pure business growth as in my cooking show.

• DustiO

@Chefjjens I love this so much! I would love to hear more about how you give back to charities - we are always looking for opportunities to share here in the Community!

• I love getting the opportunity to work with such a diverse range of clients, especially those who thought only the 'wealthy' hire interior designers. That was a major factor in finally starting my business... I wanted to make professional interior design less intimidating to all of us 'regular, working class' folk 😉 My goal is to make great design approachable and more affordable, and I'm so happy to have had so many client's tell me I've done that for them in one way or another!

I also love that Thumbtack has developed a platform for such a diverse group of people who come here with that in mind! It's been an amazing few months so far, and I look forward to what's to come!

• DustiO

@SimplyStated This is so great, thank you for sharing!

• I love that fact that I am measured by the effort and patience that I invest. Instead of always being measured by results.

• Well for me, I love connecting with people all over the country. And I also love working my own hours, even the it seems like there are only 20 hours in a day sometimes! It’s also great to deload every now and again.

• Elle__38
    Elle__38 Posts: 118
    edited March 2022

Hi ya DustiO--So, I've been on this platform for a year (joined 1/2021)

Where's my anniversary SWAG???

• Being a small business owner was a struggle when I first started. Everything from contacting potential clients, setting competitive prices for services to even just getting the address for jobs was a hassle. Thumbtack helped us figure all this out in a 10 minute process when setting up our profile. Our company was totally set up with all the pricing, getting contact info beforehand and so much more that has helped us grow astronomically in a short time. We are even looking to get thumbtack stickers for our trucks so we can advertise for thumbtack and our top pro/platinum status so we can help get more people on the platform because the benefits are endless for pros and homeowners alike. We can’t wait to see where thumbtack takes our business this year!

• DustiO

Thanks to everyone who entered this month's contest. We truly loved reading these responses. YOU ALL are definitely what I love most about what I do. Our winner this month is @Tree_Man26 ! If you will send me a DM with your mailing address, I will get your swag sent to you!