Thumbtack Giveback — How we can give back to our communities.

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,625

In the continued spirit of this year’s annual Thumbtack Giveback, we wanted to highlight another pro from our Community — and we wanted to share some ways that we can all give back, together.

• Our winning non-profit last year was St. Jude Children’s Hospital. There are many ways to give back to this incredible cause, including making virtual holiday cards for patients and their families. Learn more here.
  • WhyHunger offers unique virtual volunteer activities to help keep food bank database information up to date, so that those in need have easier access. Find out how to help this cause, here.
  • Add your ideas in the comments below!

@Bretdouglas Bret D, a Top Pro and Pro Advisor shares some of his stories of giving back. “I was inspired to start giving back as a young man serving in Germany in 1986 and ‘87 when the Rhine River flooded. It was the most flooding they had ever experienced in 100 years. For 3 months, our units sandbagged and helped the German people. Every day it was amazing to see them come down with drinks and food because we were saving their hometown of Mainz, Germany from the 
flood waters.”

“Today, I take great responsibility in using Thumbtack. I represent Thumbtack and other pros on the platform, so I approach every job as a professional and do everything I can to give our customers a great experience. When giving a professional estimate, I share my knowledge and educate the client first — selling the job is second. If I do my part to show clients the resources to accurately price out their jobs, then they can make informed decisions. Sometimes that means I don't get the sale, but I've done my part to represent Thumbtack — and that makes me happy.”

“A project that really sticks out to me is one that we did for a gentleman who had just gone through a tragedy where his wife and daughter were injured in a car accident leaving his daughter disabled. We completed his projects and walked away without charging him
a dime.”

We are inspired every day by the amazing things that the pros in this Community do. If you have a story to share about how you give back or someone you know who gives back, please comment below, or send us a DM (@DustiO). And, don’t forget to vote for a nonprofit to receive a grant from Thumbtack this holiday season.

Comments

• Bretdouglas
    Options

Thank you so much for honoring me like this. I feel like I'm a simple man who's just seeing some needs in the community and feeling those needs. We are all in this together. Even this morning I leave to go fix a simple irrigation break for a lady in the nearby city. Many people can offer to charge the lady to fix it. But in good faith I can't charge $75 service charge to pull up and switch out a 30-cent piece. We must all help each other in these difficult times. We Believe In a better Tomorrow and if by using Thumbtack and sharing ideas encouraged to face these difficult times we all might have a better tomorrow. Thank you thumbtack ,Dusti and all the other pros and top pros that I'm honored to associate with