Can't update reviews

Options

I made thumbtack when i had just one review on google - now i have 6. so I deleted my thumbtack account, and remade a new one, but I keep getting the error message that I have already imported all Google reviews. Is there any way to disconnect the 2 accounts and re pull all current reviews?

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
    Options

I found this video with a step by step, including doing everything from an incognito window - have you tried that? I did read that you can only import reviews from Google one time so it may be that you have already done this once. I don't think there is a way to disconnect accounts/re-pull reviews, but it would be worth reaching out to support (since I am not sure). You can find all of the support info here. Thank you!

• DustiO
    Options

Another option would be to send your review link to your past customers - as those would appear as the same type of "unverified" review you would get from Google. When I was first starting my Thumbtack business (years ago) I posted my link on my social media for my business and had my 10 reviews within the day! Just a thought in case the Google import won't work :)

• EvansLandImprovement
    Options

Can you have support contact me to explain how to uncouple the reviews, so I can import them correctly to our page? It would be really shady if they can only be done once because that was never explained to me when I signed up. Or that we can’t add them later this way. I’ve reached out via text chat and phone and don’t get connected to a real person, it keeps looping me through the automated tree. Thanks.

• DustiO
    Options

I am unfortunately not able to have people reach out, but I can ask and see if I can get more answers. It says in the directions for uploading google reviews that it can only be done once, so I am not sure if there is any way around it. I will let you know if I find anything out though!

• Kaitlin_Booth
    Options

Any updates on this? I am having a similar issue.

• DustiO
    Options

It looks like this can only be done once, so if you've already done it, you won't be able to re-do it. You can watch this video for instructions if you have not already done it. Keep in mind that you can also send your review link to customers who did not hire you through Thumbtack, and, you are only able to have 10 unverified reviews appear on your Thumbtack profile (it looks like you've already got that many, and that they are from Google). I believe when you get new unverified reviews they replace the older ones, so if you send that link and get new reviews you should see a refresh. Sorry this isn't really the answer you were looking for, by hopefully you can find a workaround here!