Meet Thumbtack’s Premier Support Team.

2»

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,620

@Dawn OMG oh no! That happens pretty rarely! Did they give a time frame on how long the phones would be unavailable?

• Dawn
    Dawn Posts: 3

nope- just call back another day SERIOUSLY?

• DustiO

@Dawn I'm reaching out to the team right now to see if I can get more information. Thanks for the patience!

• DustiO

@Dawn phones are offline for the week, due to much of the team being out for on offsite (something that we very rarely get to do now that we are working remotely - this is a once a year chance for team members to come together in person). I am so sorry for that! But, if you want to DM me what is going on I can try and help you or I can get someone to reach out via email [or phone if possible]). Thank so much for sticking with me here!

• I have been with Thumbtack since 2018. I've had many issues, including right now---I am platinum status. I'm supposedly entitled to some perks. I've never received anything, no instuction on how to sign up, or any special help in anything that is advertised. So, I spend about $1000+ per month with your service. When I have accrued about $55 in lead costs, you cut me off and I have to pay that immediately....yet there is currently over $1600 pending processing in my account that you have tied up for a few days when it really could be instant and we all know that in today's electronic age. Why would you stop me from doing more business while I wait on deposits that you drag your heels on? Why would you not charge it as a debit against what you owe me? It's a foolish model, in all honesty. Your leads are not cheap. I don't see much else in the way of service. SO tell me what you can do for me.

• DustiO

@ShambalaDog We do send out several emails each rewards period with instructions on how to redeem rewards. You might want to check your notification settings to see if you have something turned off so you aren't receiving those emails. But, in the mean time you can see your rewards here.

As far as the billing questions go, I am not sure I understand what you are asking. You can read more about how direct deposits work here — as far as processing time goes that is simply the amount of time that it takes to process payments through Stripe (not in Thumbtack's control).

• Just wanted to say Happy Holiday's to everyone from FISHER GROUP OF COMPANIES!

• DustiO

@WelderPNW I love this so much! Happy holidays to youuuuuu!

• DustiO

@SoCalComputerSvcs_1 Welcome to the Community, I would ask that you please review the Community Code of Conduct and keep conversations constructive. Thanks!

• DustiO

@SoCalComputerSvcs_1 I do understand, having been a small business owner and Thumbtack pro for many years before joining the team. Hopefully you can join our CommuniTEA discussions as pros who join generally have a lot of great insight into how to turn non-responsive customers into jobs! Would love to have you.

• Hello! I am a “Top Pro” and have never had issues getting through to customer service. I have been on hold for two hours today and yesterday was the same. What is going on???

• DustiO

@FusionEvents Unfortunately, due to macroeconomic impacts on the economy and our industry, we had to make the difficult decision to reduce our headcount by ~14% globally — about 160 employees. Headcount reductions were made across all teams and across all levels, including support. So, your patience while support team members are trained/transitioned is greatly appreciated. You can always search the Help Center to get questions answered, or ask questions here. Is there anything in particular that I can help with?

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155

Hello! I am platinum and have been but I cannot find the phone number for the support team? Any help would be appreciated!

• DustiO

Hi @Matt ! You can find contact info here - be sure you are logged in when you go to that link :)

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155

Thank you! I am not sure how often a Thumbtack employee goes through he phone tree, but you have VERY limited 2-3 seconds time to enter your number, before it defaults to saying “did you know you can get answers to your questions through text message” and does not give you a chance to enter your phone number again, so yo have to hang up and call back again.

• DustiO

@Matt That is good feedback - I will reach out to that team and see if there is anything we can do about it!

• The Platinum Status sounds good but it name only. Just yesterday I was on hold for two hours only to be told what I had already knew which after a long discussion regarding clients responding with only three words to an opportunity lead then no further communication despite numerous messages and multiple calls placed yet I was charged a $104. I have stopped reaching out to any and all opportunity leads even though some never get a response from a pro. All the client has to do is say hello and no more and we're charged, this with no recourse or possibility of receiving a refund. That's to say the "back up" pros are penalized for stepping up when and where others can't or don't want to. It was a bitter pill to swallow; especially when I was told there are no exceptions. Thumbtack's policy and commitment to making sure we get a decent chance of being hired should include at the very least we get our foot in the door.

• @DistinguishDev It's my belief that there is a default setting, not unlike the one that defaults to "pro may suggest another date" that kicks in when the client essentially just puts out an RFP..the algorithm within TT then assigns that lead to someone along the chain, that is then registered as a "direct lead"

given the likelhood that bots and folks who are just tire kicking on prices can clog up the works, and highly likely they NEVER intended to do more than just look or expect an immediate response, I think TT needs to be a bit more expansive in their ability to read between the lines and support their pros

• DustiO

Thumbtack does not ever automatically assign leads as "direct leads" - again @dmcgphotography when you receive a direct lead it is because the customer has filled out the job request form and clicked on the "check availability" button. @DistinguishDev is referring to the opportunities tab and not direct leads. Which, unfortunately do not have a great response rate (but are a good option to pick up jobs that may not match your preferences exactly, and you don't pay for those unless the customer responds.) @DistinguishDev you may have already done this, but be sure to request a refund for those leads of the customer only responded with one word and no more communication - and feel free to follow up with me here after you've done that and let me know if you had any luck or would like help following up. I would also suggest sending your feedback to Thumbtack so that it can get properly logged! Thank you.

• @DustiO I know you believe that, but I have asked numerous clients, including ones who are "only picked you" messages, and they routinely, but not always say they did not pick anybody.

I'm not entirely sure where you're getting the information that it doesn't happen but circumstantial evidence also abounds that supports this claim.

I will grant you the possibility that some clients don't remember doing it, and if that were half of my direct leads who went only to me, that would still represent more than a few.

TT business model is based on selling leads- I get that, but there is something more going on here, and requesting a refund is met with the stone wall of first deny, "then await reply" tactic that is the refund group.

If you're asking, or suggesting, I continually contact you with this, I will say that is the BEST support I've gotten from TT since August 2022 (when I began)

• DustiO

I would love if you could DM me the names of the customers who have routinely told you they did not reach out to you - screenshots would be appreciated. I am able to see your account and could not see anyone except for the one I pointed out above (and that customer definitely filled out the request form and clicked "check availability"). That is not how Thumbtack works, so if for some reason this is happening I would encourage you to submit a bug report here.