Holiday event — How we can give back to our communities (from home).

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,625

In the continued spirit of this year’s Holiday Giveback event, we wanted to highlight a few more pros from our Community who are good at giving back — and we wanted to share some ways that we can all give back, together.

• Our winning non-profit last year was St. Jude Children’s Hospital. There are many ways to give back to this incredible cause, including making virtual holiday cards for patients and their families. Learn more here.
  • WhyHunger offers unique virtual volunteer activities to help keep food bank database information up to date, so that those in need have easier access. Find out how to help this cause, here.
  • Grow Movement offers virtual business coaching and mentoring for small businesses across the US and throughout the world. You can volunteer to mentor entrepreneurs and share that expertise you’ve gained along the way. Learn more about volunteering with this movement here.

@Plumbernick417 , a plumber in California, shares, “Every situation is different. I think we should all utilize what's most impactful to whom we are helping. Everyone has different needs. We should spend our time doing what's most meaningful. Whether it is helping an elderly neighbor or donating to your favorite charity, it is all good for the universe.” And we couldn’t agree more.

Bret D, a landscape architect from Florida, believes that his Thumbtack business is a vehicle for good. He regularly does yard cleanups and tree removal after hurricanes and other natural disasters. His team hands out water and food to people in his community, and much more. He says, “I use Thumbtack almost exclusively for finding jobs I can do for free. I believe there is enough work to go around, and that we should perform good deeds wherever possible.”

We are inspired every day by the amazing things that the pros in this Community do. If you have a story to share about how you give back or someone you know who gives back, please comment below, or send us a DM (@DustiO). And, don’t forget to vote for a non-profit to receive a grant from Thumbtack this holiday season. *Voting for a winner will make you eligible for one of five raffle prizes.

*There will be 5 raffle prize winners — each winner will receive $100 in Thumbtack credit. You’ll be required to complete the nomination or voting forms in order to be eligible (you’ll get 2 entries if you’ve filled out both forms). Winners will be selected at random. Must be a current Thumbtack Service Professional.