2»

Comments

• Rachel
    Options

OK, thank you.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,630
    Options

You bet! Have a great day, and let me know if you have questions in the future.

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

I have been on Thumbtack for over a year now, and I have had great successes with using the platform. In fact as long as nothing goes awry, it all functions as it should. What goes terribly wrong however is when I have an issue with the service that requires a call or an email to customer service.

There is a huge disconnect between people like @DustiO who offers helpful insight to the inner workings of TT, and answers the tough questions that Pro's come to her with. Then there is "customer service", which usually takes 4-5 business days to get a response, and when that response happens, it is usually not answering the question directly, but using a templated response that is vaguely related to what I asked, and they close the case. Then get an automated email is sent asking how customer service did, which immediately takes me to a survey that no longer works.

I know there is a lot of moving pieces in a company like TT, but customer service for the very people who are generating revenue should be at the top! If I didn't have Dusti to respond, I would feel this company doesn't care about fixing a problem, and more about increasing their bottom line despite the experience of the Pro. With the Pro Advisory board forming, I hope there is a better clear path to how to make the experience better for the Pro's.

• DustiO
    Options

Thank you so much for this feedback @Matt — I have the luxury of moderating a fairly small number of comments so it's a little easier for me to take my time in answering questions 😅 But I do appreciate all of the kind words! Just know that we are working to improve support for our pros - and definitely taking feedback like this and feedback from our Pro Advisory Board into consideration! This has also been a weird month with a lot of team offsites happening (those happen twice per year since we work remotely, offering us time to connect with our teams in person) and that has caused some disruption and backlog in support.

Is there anything you need help with right now?

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

Thanks Dusti,

It is the same issue that we spoke about last week in regards to being less competitive, but the slider wasn't allowing for adjusting any higher. After the customer service email, I went and tinkered with the adjustments for a while, sliding and saving, then eventually it worked, but still my leads have gone from 1-5 a week to 1 a month, all after the Instant booking was implemented. I realize fluctuations happen, but this dry spell is something that I have never experienced.

• DustiO
    Options

I looked you up and you're still showing in the top 3 in both of your profiles — so it honestly may just be a demand issue? I looked at your competitive insights and can see that over the past 3 months there were 46 jobs for 28 active pros. Which averages like 1.6 jobs per pro, so not a high volume of demand. Hopefully this changes soon! I do remember from my time as a pro that the demand would go up and down a lot depending on season... don't know if this is the answer, but if I had to guess I would say so.

• jrob911
    Options

I am a PRO on Thumbtack and am trying to speak to customer support at Thumbtack. I have tried using both their text system and their webchat system and am continuously told that someone will message me soon. That was over 3 hours ago. I recall trying for support a couple of weeks ago and same issue.

How can I speak to someone? None of my answers are found using their Q&A system or anywhere else that I can find on this community. Meanwhile, I'm spending hundreds of dollars per week on leads. What the heck?!

• DustiO
    Options

@jrob911 be sure that you are calling between 8am-5pm MST - here is a link to your Contact Us page in case you need more info about how to reach support. When you tried a couple of weeks ago some of the team was at an in-person training/team event (we do those live twice per year to connect with team members since we work remotely) so that was most likely why you didn't get through. Our current wait time for phone support is 9 minutes so you should be able to get through.

In the meantime though, is there something I can help you with?

• jrob911
    Options

Thanks. I'm based in Arizona and all 3 of my contact attempts have been between the listed biz hours. The attached screenshot is a chat that I initiated about 90 minutes ago that I'm still waiting on.

My question: Under my account, I am listed for some reason as an "elder law attorney". I have never selected that category, and wish to change my category to intellectual property attorney. I do not see a link to change that anywhere in my account, however. I am trying to get some assistance to change my category - and also to request a refund on some of the leads that I have received that are not the type of service I offer as I seem to be mis-categorized. See second attachment.

• DustiO
    Options

@jrob911 I'm glad you came here, because I don't think Support would have been able to help with this! It's a weird one. I think you are seeing that because you have either estate or disability attorney listed as a category (even though you don't have targeting turned on for that category). If you won't be listing those categories I would recommend removing them and seeing if it changes. I am chatting with the team too, to make sure that is what is happening. I will let you know if I can find anything else out. Thanks!