THUMBTACK USER GROUP - UPDATES RELEASE SCHEDULE

Is anyone else tired of contacting the Help Desk with technical concerns/requests, only to be told "your feedback will be shared with engineering". The feedback seems to go into a black hole. Why does Thumbtack not share system updates and release schedules like every other software company on the planet? As a user group - "pros", who are essential to Thumbtack's business success, are left in the dark. We have no line of sight to planned enhancements, fixes, new features, and functions. The pro "issues/feedback" I have provided are not nice-to-haves, they are essential for the success of my business. There isn't even a "Thumbtack platform" discussion category in the Live Feed area! How about spending less time on telling Pros how to run/promote their business and tell us what Thumbtack is doing to improve the platform for Pros.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,606

@joannecoates Thank you for posting! The Community is designed to connect pros to one another to share ideas, tips, tricks and solutions — you can read more about the purpose of the Community here. It is not designed as a feedback forum (as feedback here is not logged and sent to teams). When you send your feedback through the proper channels it really is logged, categorized, and then prioritized. It may seem like it is going into a blackhole, and as a former TT pro myself, I feel you. However, with around 500 categories on Thumbtack items do need to be prioritized and all feedback won't necessarily be implemented. I do always encourage pros to keep sending feedback in though, as the more it is heard the more likely it is to get prioritized! But, a few other things:

1) Happy to have open discussions here about these things - you can use the "Thumbtack resources" section for that - but it doesn't really matter which category you choose as all posts will show up in the main feed.

2) If you have a question or topic to discuss I am always happy to tag in other pros in your area or industry to help contribute to the discussion, so just tag me and let me know.

3) We do have a live forum where you can be in the room (virtually) with myself and other Thumbtack team members - we do this every other Thursday and it's called "CommuniTEA". Please check it out and join us if you can!

4) I'm working on a project launching later this year that will really help in bringing pro voices to the table, so stay tuned for that!

5) As far as product updates — for any big changes you are typically notified ahead of time via email so make sure you have those notifications enabled so you don't miss out on any announcements.

I hope this helps, even if just a little!