April Contest: Tips for success.
One of the most important things we do here in this Community, is help each other grow by sharing tips and tricks for success.
For this month's contest we want to hear:
- Your biggest tip for success when just starting a business
- Your best tip for retaining customers
- Your most effective tip for collecting reviews
Drop your tips below to be entered in a contest to win some exclusive Thumbtack swag!
Hello I’m a pro, company name is More For Less Exterminating. We are the cheapest and most effective pest control company on Long Island New York! Family owned business. We use herbal pesticides that are very effective and our customers are always pleased with our work and professionalism!2
- When you're just starting a business, my biggest tip for success is to focus on providing value. It's not about making a quick buck, it's about building a long-term brand that people can trust. So ask yourself, how can you solve a problem for your customers? How can you make their lives easier or more enjoyable? If you can provide real value, the money will come.
- When it comes to retaining customers, my best tip is to be obsessive about customer service. Make sure every interaction your customers have with your brand is positive and memorable. Respond to their questions and concerns quickly and with empathy. And most importantly, go above and beyond to surprise and delight them. People remember how you make them feel, so make sure they feel valued and appreciated.
- The most effective tip I can give you is to simply ask. Don't be shy about asking your customers for reviews, and make it easy for them to leave one. You can send a follow-up email or message with a Thumbtack link to leave a review. And don't forget to respond to every review - even the negative ones. Show that you're listening and that you care about your customers' feedback.
- Starting a business can be daunting, but my biggest tip for success is to stay true to your values and vision. It's important to have a clear idea of what you want your business to be and what sets you apart from your competitors. This will help you stay focused and consistent in your approach to your work. It's also crucial to be open to feedback and willing to adapt as you learn and grow.
- In my experience, the best way to retain customers is to build strong relationships with them. Communication is key - make sure you are always responsive and attentive to your customers' needs. Be proactive in offering solutions and going above and beyond to exceed their expectations. It's also important to be consistent in your work and to deliver high-quality results every time. By building trust and establishing a positive rapport with your customers, you can ensure that they keep coming back to you.
- Reviews are essential for any business, and my most effective tip for collecting them is to make it easy and convenient for your customers to leave feedback. I always follow up with my customers after a job is completed to ask for their honest opinion and feedback. By making it simple and straightforward for your customers to share their experiences, you can increase the likelihood of receiving positive reviews and building a strong reputation for your business.
I am loving these tips so much, thank you all!2
The best tip I can give for success when starting a new business is don't just focus on the money but the relationships you build with your clients. When you focus on your clients and go above and beyond what is expected they are going to remember you and that will lead to return business and more referrals.
The best tip for retaining customers is similar to what I said before it's all about the customer and providing exceptional service. You are providing a solution to their problems but don't just provide a quick temporary solution to get it done and paid, provide them with a solution that solves their problem and will last. If the client is having to hire somebody a month after hiring you to do the same job they aren't going to be a return client.
I like to send an email once the job is complete offering them a discount on their next service if they would be willing to do a review of my services. This offers them something for their time, I get my review, and possibly a return customer when using the discount.1
Welcome! Check out our Community Code of Conduct. (review here)