Help - I cannot get support to reply to my emails

I've been on the app for around 2yrs. I made it my full time job last fall & I worked hard & made Platinum rewards by the 3rd week in Jan. The problem is I cannot access any links on the rewards pages, gold & platinum.

The "learn more" link doesn't even work, so I don't know what I'm supposed to get even. I'm in desperate need of work, I've had almost nothing for Jan. Feb is looking the same.

Dec was great & March is booked solid, but I need to be good enough to have work year round. I worked to get Platinum, because I thought the Concierge would help, but I can't get one because the link doesn't work. The only link that works on either page, is see "my progress."

I've emailed support from the app multiple times, no response. I got on the Fri marketing call last week, that I only knew about because of emails, and asked for help. A TT rep from the call emailed me, but when I responded with my issue, she didn't answer either.

I dont know where else to turn. WILL SOMEONE PLS call or text me so I can get this problem fixed?

Thanks,

Laurie

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582
    edited January 2022

@pmpazo Sorry to hear you have been having trouble! I just logged in as you and I was able to click on all of the links. But, it might be because I was on desktop and not the app - do you have access to desktop while we are waiting for a fix? If not, I can send you the relevant links here in a DM! Just let me know - I don't want you to miss out on anything!

• I have been a Thumbtack user for more than 6 years. I currently suspect that Thumbtack is editing my bids. I have contacted support 5-6 times in the past few weeks but have received zero replies. If Thumbtack is indeed editing my bids I feel I have a right to see EXACTLY what the customer sees when I place a bid, so that I may adjust my bids accordingly. If TT support is intentionally ignoring my inquiries I am left to suspect something sinister. How can I see EXACTLY what the customer sees when I bid? I understand if they are editing my bids, but I have a right to see what they are editing so I can address and correct the problem. I was getting multiple jobs on thumbtack before last year, now I haven't gotten ANY responses to ANY of my bids in over a year, so something must be up. I quit using the targeting option because I kept getting charged for customers who'd contact me with simple questions or comments, like they enjoyed my portfolio, but no hires. IS ANYBODY really responding to support inquiries?????

Tom A.

• DustiO

Hi @arvtoon, thank you for coming to the Community with your questions.

You can see all of the quotes that have been sent to customers in your "Sent quotes" tab, see screenshot below:

If you click on any of those, you will see what the customer sees.

Please know that our support teams have been hit hard with covid and people being out, so support queues are longer than usual - I am checking with the team to see when we can expect an email response. Your patience is appreciated. In the meantime you can reach out via chat here.

• It's funny the support team is right on top of things when it's time to charge me $30 for a contact that didn't turn into work.

• DustiO

The support teams are not charging you. If you have concerns about getting leads that aren't turning into jobs, or about getting leads that don't match the preferences you have set, I would suggest going back through your preferences and make sure you have everything set to the jobs you want. Also check out this article on paying for leads and how to ask for a refund.

And please refer to our Community Code of Contact and keep posts constructive.

• That's fine and thanks for the quick response. I'm still waiting for someone to get back to me about my bids being edited. I've sent 6 e-mails in the past 3 weeks and gotten zero replies. I think I have a right to see what the customers are seeing when I bid, so if the bid is being edited I can correct the edited parts.

• DustiO

The bids are not being edited. I showed you above how to see exactly what customers are seeing. If the above instructions and screenshot are not working for you, let me know.

• That's fine but I do know they edit out direct e-mail addresses and phone numbers. I know very well how to use the TT platform. I write into my bids that clients should e-mail me directly if they just want to compliment me on my work or ask a question, and state that my direct e-mail address is on my samples and my website, and I ask that they message me through Thumbtack ONLY if they plan to hire me. I'd like to know if this is being edited out, and if so exactly what is being edited. One of the last contacts I received was from early last year, and the client contacted me because she said she couldn't see my entire bid. In the message section looked at what was on my screen and everything in my bid appeared to be there. I did not get hired and of course I was charged $30 for the bid, which I disputed but it was not refunded. So, since I've now not gotten any contacts in almost a year, I'm left to wonder exactly what the clients are seeing when I send them my bids. So, can you assure me the client sees the exact same thing I see when I go to view the bids I've sent?

• DustiO

Yes I can, we do not edit what you write. That customer may have been having an issue with their app or may have just been experiencing a user error. If you haven't had any jobs in the past year I would check that you have targeting on and I would re-check preferences to make sure you have everything set up how you like (in case anything in those setting has changed since you last looked). If you are relying solely on "opportunities" you will most likely see less jobs, because most customers reach out directly to the pros they are interested in hiring (from search results, which requires that targeting is turned on). Otherwise I would suggest maybe posing a question in the Community for other pros to see if they are using "opportunities" and winning a lot of jobs from those, if they might have any advice on how to make those better.

• Are you saying TT does not edit out direct e-mail addresses and phone numbers if a freelancer includes those in the bid?

• DustiO

DMing you because I don't want to put a screenshot that includes your information. See your DMs.

• I am having similar issues with my platinum status. I have reached out to Thumbtack support multiple times, the first response took many weeks to receive but they did not fix my problem and I never got a response after that. When I try to get support it says the chat is not available and that they phone isn't working. How can I actually get in touch and get support from someone at Thumbtack??

• DustiO

Hi @miachristina thanks for stopping by! You will find info for how to contact support on your Contact Us page - be sure you are logged in to your Thumbtack account when you go there. Also, be sure you are calling or emailing from the phone number or email address that is in your Thumbtack account, as you should be automatically routed to the right team, since you are a Platinum pro you will be routed to the front of the line when you call.

In the meantime though, if you can fill me in on what issue wasn't resolved, I can see if I can help you or get someone to reach out to you! You can comment here or shoot me a DM. Thanks!

• I’m having a terrible time getting billed.constantly for exact matches and then after reaching out for 3 days no reply from customer! I def think that should be eligible for a refund?