can I talk to "Real" support person on thumbtack

Its really frustrating that thumbtack does not have any contact number for support. with fake leads eating my budget and no transparency on refund policy emails it is just making me think if it is worth even to stick to Thumbtack.

Thumbtack team - you need to be more transparent. as a professional its quite frustrating not to be able to talk to some one.

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,611

@guptalalit43 You do have access to phone support - go to your Contact Us page to get that information. If you tried this last week much of the company was off as we were meeting in person for the first time in nearly 3 years (since we went remote-first during the pandemic) - so, phone support was not available during that time. I am sure that was very frustrating and totally understand, but you should be able to call in now and wait times are typically very short! Hope this helps and thank you for posting!

• @DustiO Thank you!. will try for sure. This was really needed badly.

• DustiO

You are welcome - let me know how it goes!

• Eu compartilho a mesma opinião.

• I cannot reach anyone about a refund I requested a month ago. No one answers the phone (30 minutes) Chat says "someone will be with you and never does (90 Minutes) I am about to contact the BBB.

• DustiO

@Nancy1005 I can see the last refund request you submitted was on 1/29 and it was refunded the same day - sending a screenshot to you via DM. You can also look at charges and refunds in your payments section of you profile. Hope this helps!

• MartaPina
    MartaPina Posts: 5

How can I get back to my page? I tried asking for my new password but it did not happen yet. It has been 2 days now that I cannot sign in on my page. Please help me!

• SLP
    SLP Posts: 2

Looks like my comment was deleted, I am having the same issue. This is the worst!!

• DustiO
    edited June 2023

@SLP the current average wait time for phone to support is 2.5 minutes, so I would recommend calling to see if they can help you with the issue of not being able to sign in, as I can't help with that in here. Also just as a reminder support hours are 8am-5pm MST Monday through Friday, so if you tried contacting support outside those hours you may not have had luck. Thank you!

You can also check out our Community Code of Conduct if you saw that a comment was deleted. Have a wonderful day!

• I am trying to contact someone at Thumbtack about my account. I must communicate with someone immediately and I haven’t been able to contact anyone, just a robot.

• DustiO
    edited January 3

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble getting through to support. We did have an office closure for the holiday so I am guessing that the support channels are busier than usual right now. But, just in case it helps here is all of the contact info:

• Support hours are Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm MST
    • Phone support is available by calling 866-501-5809
    • Text support is available by texting 415-299-6398
    • Chat support is available to pros when they login to their Thumbtack account
    • Email support is available by emailing support@thumbtack.com

In the meantime, is there anything that I can help to answer here? @1Gerbault__

• Mathan
    Mathan Posts: 1

I cant seem to get ahold of anyone in customer service, I've tried emails, messaging from the website/app and texting from the customer service line it sends you to when you call. they said they were bringing up my acct and would be right back, never heard from them again. How can I speak to a real person?!

• billyP
    billyP Posts: 3

When calling the support number, it hangs up and says it's going to be via text. If i wanted to text i would have started that way. I have billing issues & I was also denied a refund even with a customer saying what she did when contacting me was a mistake. This info is on my page and i copied it to the refund request. There seems to be zero customer service and zero bend the customers way. I was just told you guys have limited phone support. Its my experience you have none. Cmon man!

• MVH
    MVH Posts: 1

I have dialed the numbers on the website, and it keeps telling me it will proceed via text. I try to text, and it stinks. There are not any humans/homo sapiens @ Thumbtack???

425-241-8701

• Co. Name: Anything Wood, LLC

720-717-1933

michael.lanier6798@gmail.com

For a few months now I have been receiving leads for "upholstery" jobs. My profile specifically states I do not do upholstery work and that is reflected also in jobs I I "target." On fact, I receive more upholstery leads than Furniture Refinishing jobs. You must have changed something in your screening /filtering logic.

Also, your application does not function on my iMAC when using Safari.

Also, how do I request a summary of all monthly charges, showing Customer Name, Date, Charge, etc.?

Thank You,

Michael Lanier

• DustiO

@Michael_Lanier If you receive a lead that is outside your job preferences, please submit a refund request here. You may still see some come through, as customers don't always fill out the request form correctly so be sure to submit those for a refund.

I don't think you can request a summary of charges, but you can see all of your payment information on your payments page. You can scroll down to the bottom of that page and download a CSV summary, but it doesn't include any details I think it is just dates and amounts. You could definitely connect your Thumbtack account with whatever CRM you use so that your stuff gets automatically entered, though - you can see what available integrations we have here and if you don't see the one you use you'll see a link where you can reach out to the team to see if whatever you use can get connected.

If you're experiencing a bug (like something not working properly on Safari) please submit a bug report.

Hope this helps!