Customer support

RAB
RAB Posts: 2
edited January 2023 in Thumbtack Resources

as many other users I received a fake lead. Paid $45.00 plus. Customer never responded, I tried calling them and the number is disconnected. I requested a refund and it got declined. I have tried contacting via text the customer service number (415) 299-6398 during business hours and no response either. Good job thumbtack!

Comments

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

@RAB thanks for posting, and sorry for the less than perfect experience reaching support. You could try following up on those denied refunds — some pros in the Community have had success. Follow up via support@thumbtack.com and include any documentation that you can, like: screenshots of conversations, etc. Also, check your contact us page to be sure you have the most up to date support info. There are a lot of trainings going on right now, in conjunction with people being out for the holidays and/or post holiday sickness I know it has been harder to get through. I am always here to help where I can and am happy to tag in pros who can help with questions/advice as well! Hope this helps!

@JT123 the Community doesn't "ignore" these issues — we answer them the best we can. Unfortunately we are unable to help with refund issues, though!

• mtm10
    mtm10 Posts: 2

Hello! I tried calling the customer support number today, during the stated business hours, and I get a message saying their closed? I'm needing to speak with someone at Thumbtack ASAP! How do I cancel a dispute I placed? The pro I hired filled me in on the situation and the issue has been resolved. He said he can't get access to his account or additional work right now because their is still a dispute claim. Please Help!

• DustiO
    edited June 2023

@mtm10 This Community is technically meant for Thumbtack pros, but I can definitely try and help. I reached out to the team who handles disputes to see if they have any insight. I'll comment when I know more.

• mtm10
    mtm10 Posts: 2

@DustiO I appreciate the quick response. However, it been a little frustrating when I try to call or text and both go unanswered.

• DustiO

@mtm10 I understand it can be really frustrating! Unfortunately much of the support team is out for a company break today, but should be back to usual tomorrow! You can always report issues through the app, too or send an SMS or email!

The trust and safety team let me know that they were able to remove the hold from the pro's account. Thank you for finding a way to help this pro out, I am sure they really appreciate it and not everyone would take time to do that!

• I do get this a few times also. Where would i go for support with the thumbtack team?

• chilogm1
    chilogm1 Posts: 56

I don’t even get refund for cancel instant book anymore it says they will automatically refund the money but it’s been almost 2-3 months worth of cancel booking and never got my money back

• I’ve been trying for a week to get help from thumbtack and I keep calling and it says sorry we’re closed and when I text nobody answers. I’ve called multiple numbers. What’s going on?

• DustiO
    edited September 2023

@4SeasonsRenovations There is no phone support this week as our support team is meeting in person (we only get to meet with our teams twice per year, since we are remote). But, when there is phone support be sure to call between 8am and 5pm MT - otherwise you can try chat and email support. More info on your contact us page.

In the meantime is there something that I can help you with?

• 4SeasonsRenovations
    edited September 2023

My husband was deactivated. Long story but he had an old account that he forgot had a balance and made a new account and they flagged it and deactivated him. He needs reactivated and put in multiple requests and it says 3 days but it’s been 5. He paid the old account and they said they would reactivate after it’s paid. This is our main income and it’s hurting us terribly.

• We have also tried the text option and that’s not working either.

• DustiO

What's the email address for the deactivated account? I will see if I can reach out to someone who can help!

• Hello@4SR.INFO Thank you!

• DustiO

I'm not seeing any recent interactions with the team on this account, and nothing indicating that the deactivation was due to a payment issue. Is it possible that it's with the other account?

• Hmm that’s very strange. It’s definitely that account. These are emails from that account.

• DustiO

@4SeasonsRenovations you should be good to go now.

• omg thank you so much. Seriously life saver. Are you able to look at hello@modern-daisy.com and see if that can be reactivated as well?

• DustiO

That account is already active...

• How are we supposed to get priority support when there is no option for it? I had to wait on hold for over an hour

• I submitted request for refund for a lead that was in a category that I do not provide service for. I did not receive any response from Thumbtack. I called the customer service number that no one answered. I texted, did not get any answer. I sent a message on the website, I got this response: "I'm sorry that article is not what you were looking for. Please wait one moment while I transfer you to an agent to assist." It's been 20 minutes and no answer.

As a Pro, if you have a question, there is nobody to talk to. Is Thumbtack dead? Is it going out of business?

• DustiO

@Swebbinteriors we are currently working to improve wait times in Support - so sorry you had to wait so long! Is there anything that I can help you with?

• DustiO

@Rachel we are currently working to improve wait times for support, I am sorry you had this experience! Is there something I can help you with while you wait to hear back?

• Well, it doesn't seem like I will hear back from anyone. There is just no one to answer the phone, text or messaging at Thumbtack. I have questions and need to speak to a live person about those. I would appreciate a call back or an email.

• DustiO

When I looked into your account I don't see any support calls or emails since July - have you sent an email? I did see the refund request submitted on 9/18, and I know there is a slight backlog there due to a team event last week. Happy to see if I can follow that request for updates. But, was there something else you wanted help with (it looks like you also might have an account manager that could be of help - unless it's about this refund request!). Let me know!

• DustiO

Also - make sure when you do call support you are calling between 8am-5pm MST and calling from the number on your Thumbtack account. Last week we didn't have voice support (due to that team event) so if you tried last week, you most likely didn't get through...

• I tried calling and texting today during those business hours. Your communication lines are absolutely shut down! Yes, I submitted 2 refund requests on September 11 and Sep. 18. They both were for leads that came in a category which we do not provide service in. Both customers placed their requests under wrong categories. I also want to make some changes to my service areas. But I need Thumbtack to pick up the phone or answer messages. Who should I send an email to? Don't you think someone should be answering calls or texts in a company that charges me hundreds of dollars each week?

• DustiO

I reached out to your account manager and they said they've tried to reach you a few times and haven't been able to (via both phone and email). She is going to reach out to you via email again today - please check your junk/spam in case they are going there. She will be able to help with the questions about making changes to your service area. Hope this helps!