Welcome to our new Community members! (December 2023)

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634

If you're tagged in this post, you've joined the Community over the past month - and we're so glad you're here. Drop a comment and introduce yourself - post a pic, a link to your Thumbtack profile, tell us about your business - or whatever you want to share. Some of you have already made a lot of amazing contributions in your first month — thank you for sharing your stories and feedback!

Check out the Community Code of Conduct, learn how to navigate the Community, and watch this video to hear from other Thumbtack pros about what "community" means to them, and this video to see some exciting things happening at Thumbtack.

Also, join us for our bi-weekly live (over Zoom) networking events — we call those "CommuniTEA", because we join together to spill the tea, share tips, and talk through common struggles and solutions. Check out those events here (or click on your "events" tab).

Here's to building this Community, together. Can't wait to "meet" you all!

@elytefitness @releaseanddeclutter @Xavier199832 @Isabella1275 @Michelle_OES @releaseanddeclutter @3MMediatorMikki @Architonus @Thebestpainters @singingwithlauren @Tito @Gclooten @Jess2000 @Aloha_Organization1 @Cesar_Guerrero @TGS @Rangwala @Michaelj7 @Joane @Junkremoval @bellezashomeservices @Christina_Koders @VANiK @BeautymarkedByVal @LSP37 @TCBolt24_7 @markcthomassr @hayss3 @Glass_Solutions_ATX @omidasgari @bev @Vmk_Productions @ptoney21 @andrewminer @ModaOutdoorLiving @Waleedelouaret @James457 @stelmihas @airwaveevents @HRSVP @GetItDone3909_33 @Glambyrami @Alexander @cmeador @HunterFortenberry7 @AtlGlass @Workinghands65 @Johnmorales425 @kenmiyoshi89 @Mara @AnnZak @Jokosse @Five_Star @Edward_54 @andressasalomao @Jamie767 @ORC32110 @Ladym @REMADE @Negdanger1 @hyperspace @TanyaNchristian @Solomiia @DomGuzman @VlantisLaw @Avisalom_ @SEAHAWK @byronphoto @AGJPainting @Castro2020 @Marquita_OP @Leandromejia @Visionwc @Paradise_32 @lisa7diaz @Karanveer @azanzi @DBess_Sweetsipsbar23 @Bnk @OneForAll24_7 @Mimi @FloydAaron_WahHeed1 @Cliff @ru123456 @PorprettyClean @marcio_ledger @Quinn @justcoachjacqueline @brianom14 @wen @raornelas53 @Federalcityhandymen @DrLightVIE @vformandco @Sirolistic @GroundFence @JasonR01 @Key1 @Debbie @NonnusHS @DieticianNutrition @Reba05 @versedfitness @DustyRhodes @Asleeplessknight @BullFrog @junkminers11 @Jennifer_Longociu @trainem @OneMan @Drduke @Volly @Tinylux @Solo @olynola @Gfit365 @Luxblackrides @DGTILEINC @ShawnCS_666 @SinCln2019 @AlexP @cokidtack @FishDaddy @Lucas_2671 @EPhetsa @aph014 @Rachel @Simplified_Solutions @Bretdouglas @MIKings3 @AngelDubllOne11 @spotless

Comments

• Bretdouglas
    Options

Thank you for letting me join the number one lead generation site around. Thumbtack has been such a blessing for myself and my family. I couldn't even imagine life without it. I want Thumbtack to succeed because I know with Thumbtack I will also succeed. Have a happy holidays and a merry Christmas and New Year ahead as we all work to find success

Thumbtack

Do you know thumbtack?

• spotless
    Options

Hey everyone!

My name is Jason of Spotless Floor Services, spotlessfloorservices.com. Thank you Thumbtack for being such a great help to my business! I only wish i could have continued spending with them but after they doubled the price of their fees, forced the instant book button, and refuse to refund us $100 for $150 jobs we decided to move to angi, Google, and homeadvisor where we're flourishing!

I wish I could have kept working with Thumbtack but now I can only keep a budget of $40 and i have to manually increase it just enough to where the book now button wont work because i'm below it's budget. I still think Thumbtack is a great platform to get your start but once you make good money, I recommend you move to a platform that wont take 60% of your lead's value!

• DustiO
    Options

@spotless glad to have you here in the Community and totally respect your decision to lower your spend on Thumbtack for now - hopefully things will improve based on pro feedback. Keep checking back here for updates. Thank you!

• airwaveevents
    Options

Thank you!! Excited to be here! Looking forward to seeing how we can come together and encourage Thumbtack to tap into the event industry a bit more!

• Bretdouglas
    Options

Sometimes it's amazing to me when I see people blaming thumbtack for their issues with not running the app properly. As a contractor you were always in control of how much you pay for a lead that's one of the beautiful things about putting your own price on the lead. You can choose to be a little less competitive or be extremely competitive by how much you adjust your app every single day. If you adjust it to win a bid and you put it extremely high and the job doesn't sell enough to cover that lead that's on you not thumbtack. But on the same token Thumbtack has always partnered up to provide quality leads how you sell and how you run your business is your own discretion. We are independent contractors and such are responsible for our own bidding methods and our own selling ability. If you learn to work the system you will be extremely pleased with the results if you need help and figuring it out I'm in Central Florida and have been a top pro every single year I've used the platform. I constantly I'm successful because I change how I operate day to day pending on the needs of my area. If you need help let me know. I'm Brett douglas. A real pro in the central Florida area. I don't work for thumbtack. I work for my family

I can be reached at 3865008217

• junkminers11
    Options

Hey Thumbtack Community !

My name is Daniel Jones. I'm the owner & CEO of JUNK MINERS. We're a full service junk removal company based out of San Diego. In our early days, Thumbtack spring-boarded our business off the ground. Fast forward three years and Thumbtack continues to put our business in front of the right customers. Without Thumbtack we could still be in the idea phase. The JUNK MINERS are elated to be a part of the community as it is my personal goal to help fellow entrepreneurs succeed. Looking forward to seeing you all in the workshops and on the forums.

-JUNK MINERS

• Bretdouglas
    Options

Awesome. Glad it's working for you. It's an amazing place. May you continue to have success

Warm regards

Bret Douglas

• elytefitness
    Options

Thank you!

• DustiO
    Options

Love reading these comment, thanks to everyone! Can't wait to hit the ground running with all of you in 2024!!