Holiday event — Pros who are good at giving back.

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634
edited December 2022 in Community News

In the spirit of our Holiday Giveback event, we wanted to highlight some pros from our Community who are good at giving back — to their local communities and to their fellow Thumbtack pros.

@ShaquealThomas, a painter in Massachusetts, gives back in many ways, not the least of which being a mentor to other Thumbtack pros — from helping them navigate how to best use the Thumbtack app to offering advice for how to deal with a slowed economy. He joins our CommuniTEA meetings every session and always offers sound advice, tips, tricks and encouragement to other pros. He shares, “As a Thumbtack pro, I love to be at the table contributing and assisting my fellow pros with an extra push in ideas, tips and knowledge that I have gained. My vision for being a part of this Community is to not only help my business grow, but to help other businesses grow.” His platinum Pro Rewards status and Top Pro badge indicate that he shows the same care for his customers, too.

@DanielGoodpaster, a handyman in Ohio, believes that volunteering his trade is a good way to give back to those in need in his local community. He says, “I think volunteering to help the elderly as well as single mothers complete needed home repairs is a great way to give back.” His 180+ reviews and nearly 300 hires let us know that his local community recognizes his value as well.

@Swebbinteriors, a home organizer in California, shares that she often offers her services to help others — at no charge. “I have taken on many jobs for seniors to help them get their homes organized and I end up doing the job at no charge. So many seniors aren't able to get around or have help to clean their homes. This eventually leads to them not being able to move around safely in their homes. I think it is our responsibility to help the seniors in our communities that have given so many years of their lives for us”, she says. Sarah has earned platinum status in Pro Rewards and a Top Pro badge, along with tons of amazing reviews. She’s definitely doing something right.

We are inspired every day by the amazing things that the pros in this Community do. If you have a story to share about how you give back or someone you know who gives back, please comment below, or send us a DM (@DustiO). And, don’t forget to nominate a nonprofit to receive a grant from Thumbtack this holiday season.

Comments