Instant Booking

Options

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

@rvgrand oof. The worst! What platforms have you had success with?

• rvgrand
    Options

@Matt Thumbtack was really the only ease of use platform I used and recommended because of the lack of marketing that I had to do. Nextdoor and Facebook local community groups have surprisingly been working better than expected.

Now I educate my clients on proper research on who they hire as a service provider and am working on SEO to better market myself.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,653
    Options

I love seeing these recommendations, as a former business owner (and Thumbtack Pro) it's absolutely important to diversify when it comes to marketing. But, just wanted to hop in to say that we are currently working on (and testing and rolling out) a lot of improvements to Instant Book. Would LOVE to hear what would make Instant Book work for you, @rvgrand? Thanks for all of the input too @Matt!

• ShaquealThomas
    Options

@Avixmovingpros try to email thumbtack support with the text message conversation you had with the client see if that helps in anyway.

• DustiO
    Options

@Avixmovingpros I echo what @ShaquealThomas said, I would recommend emailing support@thumbtack.com and I took a few minutes to look at your account and I would also HIGHLY recommend taking a look at how you have your Max Lead Prices set, and set those to prices you feel comfortable paying for leads (you currently have it set at as high as it can go).

• TilesPlusPro
    Options

I tried getting a refund the last time I was on Thumbtack and I never got a call an email or a response from Thumbtack for a refund, I requested due to the customer not responding to my text or even reaching out to me after I got the automatic lead, I would get charged for leads and they never responded nor did I get a refund, maybe this time things work out better, well see.

• DustiO
    Options

@rvgrand this is great feedback, thank you! I don't know if I have already recommended this, so sorry if this is a repeat — but have you looked at all of the available partner integrations that can help with the calendar issue? Check them all out here (and more details about each here), there may be something available that will be helpful to you.

We do have some improvements rolling out as well that may address some other pain points, and I LOVE the idea of the are based on first booked appointment!

• Smirlex
    Options

I’m pretty sure that there’s many pros who don’t have resources to make this integrations work.

• Smirlex
    Options

Agree with everything, especially with the point about location

• KateOrganizes
    Options

Definitely considering a similar path…

• Smirlex
    Smirlex Posts: 4
    edited October 2023
    Options

There is only one adequate reason to do so (as I can see it) that Thumbtack was acquired by other older/bigger company on the market, who want to get rid of the competitor. I stopped using their services when I switched to Thumbtack —seems like I’m going to have to go back. Because there’s no flexibility with that “instant booking” at all. The saddest part of it for me that I was going to use Thumbtack more starting on the following week, when I get the notification that I’m going to be forced to use that, to put it mildly, very inconvenient feature.

Please, reconsider!

• robf
    robf Posts: 18
    Options

I also will be leaving. $75-$90 lead cost on a $350-$400 inspection doesn't work. I also am posting here because there is no way to talk to anyone. I have been using Thumbtack for 7 years. I do not believe they have done anything in that 7 years to help me be successful. They gave us account executives for about a month, then that was gone.

• rvgrand
    rvgrand Posts: 51
    Options

I was wondering why the were so few voices on this topic when I first posted about it. From the email I received, they made it seem like it was a global roll out when it started, but it seems to have only been the beginning.

Just for reference to anyone reading this, I do spend over 14k annually for thumbtack as well and at that price point, one would think some sort of developmental feedback or updates would be available to me... as a minimum. But they are not.

My suggestion, if you're in a position where you can drop the platform, do so and maybe come back IF changes get implemented. The only way this is really gonna change is if people stop giving them money.

From the looks of it, the slow roll out of instant booking means that massive dissatisfaction is expected. The slow roll out is a means of mitigation so that there's not a mass Exodus from the platform.

@DustiO yes, you have mentioned those solutions before. I've looked through them and none of the resources linked actually help with any on the features I outlined in my previous post.

• Diana
    Diana Posts: 8
    Options

I am very disappointed in the way that Thumbtack has gone lately. The instant bookings are so overpriced and the estimate it gives the client is a joke and if I try to raise the estimate it told me it was to high. But I have to factor in travel payroll ins. Etc. The overhead for the job and by then I'm working for free a couple times I almost was paying for a job to clean a house. I am so upset because I have 70 reviews that I am just out if I don't keep using this platform. Wish I would've realized this and gotten my clients to leave my reviews on Google. Because if I don't pay Thumbtack I'm not even seen as a business. There go my hard earned reviews.to a platform getting wealthy off the little guys hard work. Capitalism greed don't know what else to say