Instant Booking

Options

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

@DustiO Another concept I think would be enticing to say yes to instant booking in addition to what I already mentioned, would be to ask the client ahead of time for the budget. I had 3 clients yesterday go back and forth with me, only to tell me their budget is $1000 or less, and my minimum is $2800. It would have saved time and money and made the experience better for the customer, AND the pro.

• Joanna
    Joanna Posts: 3
    Options

@DustiO To add to this, now I can't even view a client's response to me without contacting to Housecall pro (which I will not do). I've asked my employer to stop using Thumbtack, since I can't communicate with leads anymore.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,653
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Joanna this is a totally optional integration with HouseCall Pro, you are not at all required to do so. When you click on the "Connect to Housecall Pro" button, does this screen still remain? If so, please let me know - I flagged for the team as this is not what should be happening.

This integration would help to manage your leads, bookings, and calendar via Housecall Pro, but certainly is not mandatory. You can learn more about Housecall Pro and other available partner integrations here, just in case you want to learn more. Sorry for the confusion, and again, please let me know if this screen does not disappear after you have clicked on it! THANK YOU!

• Sherry6
    Options

Hi all! I was enrolled in instant booking. It start October 16. I require a walkthrough before I give my quote to clients. I do not see anywhere I can opt out this process. When I have an opening on a single day doesn't mean I'm in the city that people are booking. Thumbtack needs to ensure the client does not go with another company once they book with us. There should be some type of an agreement for the client. My questions are do Thumbtack set the price for the job or do we? Are the fees for us higher? Will we be allowed to stay inside a certain amount of miles?

• Joanna
    Joanna Posts: 3
    Options

@DustiO Thank you for your message. I did not click that button, since it only said it would connect with Housecall Pro. It should also have a "No thanks" button or something similar. I hope that will be changed so you do not lose further customers for that.

• DustiO
    Options

There is actually supposed to be a "dismiss" button, flagged for the team to let them know! Once you click it should disappear, but please let me know if it doesn't. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and again, sorry for the confusion!

• auds912
    Options

I have had most of my instant bookings cancelled and customers have cared less. Is anyone else having this same problem? It's booking up my calendar which makes me unavailable to potential jobs and it's using all of my lead money which isn't refundable. Any advice on how to handle this issue?

• chilogm1
    Options

Long story short cancel instant booking use to get refunded back den like automatically after the client cancel you get your money back. They change it on us out of no where by telling us to try to contact the client instead of refunding the money. Why would I want to contact someone that cancel their appointment what would be the purpose of contacting them. I’m pretty sure by now they own me over 500-1000$ worth of cancellations of instant booking

• Sherry6
    Options

Hi! Could we please read some success posts with the Instant Booking ? Have anyone in house cleaning started yet? How they are doing with this?

• EAI
    EAI Posts: 6
    Options

Like many of you, I have enjoyed using Thumbtack as a resource to get leads for my business. I don’t believe that making instant booking a required service is a good idea. I understand Thumbtack needs to grows and increasing lead cost 3 TIMES looks good on paper, ultimately I feel like if the platform continues on the road it’s on it’s going to alienate all of it pros. The main reason I use Thumbtack is because of how modular it is and how I can make it fit my needs. By making everyone instant book regardless of their business model. It makes me feel like they are no longer interested in their pros and more interested in a bottom line.

• EAI
    EAI Posts: 6
    Options

@DustiO the worst part about this whole thing is that the pricing for lead cost still doesn’t reflect the actual cost we will be paying.it says it will cost 2.7 times a normal lead which in this post instant book world doesn’t even exist.

• DustiO
    Options

@EAI There will still be direct leads as well as Instant Book leads - if the customer chooses not to book a time, they can choose to reach out to the pro directly, the same as before. I would recommend making sure that the Max Lead Price you have set is a price that is doable for you in both Instant Book and direct leads. Hope this helps, if even just a little. Thank you for the feedback.

@Sherry6 we will have some pros who have a lot of success using Instant Book sharing their tips & tricks soon!

• DustiO
    Options

@auds912 I am sorry to hear, this and this is great feedback about the calendar. @chilogm1 we do have a 15 minute cancellation refund for customers who book and realize they can't do it. We've also introduces the ability to reschedule bookings if the original time & date do not work for the customer. Hopefully those things are helpful to you. And thank you for the feedback!

I'm moving this post over to our Instant Book thread to keep all Instant Book feedback in one place - let me know if you have more questions. Thanks!

• chilogm1
    Options

@DustiO cancellation doesn’t have a grace period 15 minute es. Pro getting punish for clients who don’t cancel on time. That doesn’t seat well with me if that’s a policy they should start looking into it cause it makes no sense. A client cancel is a win win on thumbtack side. I take multiple lost lost of potential income and lost of budgets that I won’t get a refund back for because of policy lost on other potential clients that could have pick the open slot while searching for a pro. For example this booking here was booked by a client and after one messages saying ok it was cancel. It cost $20 just for a cancel booking.

• DustiO
    Options
  • DustiO
    Options

@chilogm1 This is great feedback. So I make sure I am understanding correctly, there are two separate feedback items here. 1) 15 minutes isn't long enough and 2) Once cancelled the open time slot is still showing as booked so other potential clients cannot book it?

• DustiO
    Options

@Dianne_Collins What services do you offer? And are there any things that could be improved to help Instant Book work for you?

• chilogm1
    Options

@DustiO that is correct and last one is once an instant booking is cancel pro should automatically get a full credits refunds. This booking was made today cancel today I request a refund this what I get back as an answer. And also once a booking is cancel is pro definitely do not want to go back and speak with the client on why it was cancel. It was different back den where if the booking is cancel we cannot speak with the client for any reason I did like that way better.

• DustiO
    Options

Thank you for the clarification, @chilogm1

• auds912
    Options

That's great that customers have a 15 minute window to cancel LOL! Most of my instant book people completely forget that they booked me. They decide that they're going to be on top of things and browse Thumbtack, instant book and then make other arrangements in the mean time. There is no consequence for them flaking yet we as small business customers are the ones that end up paying for it and having our schedules blocked off so that we're not able to get other opportunities. This is my livelihood!

• auds912
    Options

Having the ability to respond to an instant book in 15 minutes is not realistic. When I am on a job I am considerate of my clients time and don't have the ability to hold my phone and text while I am working. My business suffers the financial consequences of instant book which does not feel fair. There needs to be culpability for the customers who instant book. There are sooo many customers who have no idea how Thumbtack works yet they book us anyways, ask questions about information that is clearly posted on our profiles and then flake. Thumbtack should have a mandatory tutorial.

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 155
    Options

@auds912 I agree, I really feel there needs to be an education to the client/customer about how Thumbtack works. I know why they make it easy to book, since they make more money, but in the end, if the Pro is the one who suffers, then it really doesn’t benefit anyone.