Instant Booking

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Average_joe1
    Options

Thumbtack still works for me just instant booking which I don’t get many of I’d over priced. I also don’t like how they allow non licensed pros to advertise no idea how they would make money charging $49 service calls to a $65 instant book.

• Framingking
    Options

That’s just Thumbtack commitment to help your business grow. Just ask them.

• chilogm1
    chilogm1 Posts: 61
    Options

I’m pretty sure by the end of this year we will get an email stating they will be merging to Angie watch

• structuralguy65
    Options

@chilogm1 hahaha I literally just received an email from CraftJack saying Angi bought them out and to expect a call from an account manager to help sign me up. I will never do business with that pit of villainy. Angi is under a 10-year consent order with the FTC for ripping of contractors. I will never do business with them.

• DustiO
    DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,653
    Options

Hi all! I wanted to come here to say thank you, again, for everyone who continues to share their constructive feedback in this thread. I posted a high level update of what's on the roadmap for this half here. And, will post more specific updates as things roll out.

• MilanCleaningCompany
    Options

Agree. It's all modern day slavery to be honest. They take over the market of what's supposed to be for "self employed" individuals who become self employed to set their own rates, but then being that they have such a high stake on these platforms, they get to control the prices and forces self employed people to work for minimum wage or less.

• Michelle_Jorgensen
    Options

Hello,

I've been gone a while. Are there any Restoration companies on here? The day we went live with instant booking was Oct 16th. Since then, our job requests have dwindled down to zero. I put our company in hiding - I have us hidden until February 29th because of the costs and the fake leads or leads where people were just surfing.

I'm wondering if business for anyone has picked up or now that we are at the end of January is the same Bullsh*t still happening?

We tried Yelp for 2 months- more expensive than they let on. Now I'm trying to get out of Apex media solutions - Hella expensive and hasn't brought any leads.

Are any of you surviving? and what platform is working for you?

• rvgrand
    rvgrand Posts: 51
    Options

Tough going here as well. But I'm in home repair and any trade that falls under that. Typically business slows down in the cold months and picks up a bit again right before spring. I tested instant booking for those months last year and it wasn't good. Data is weird right now because I expect it to be slow anyways so I can't necessarily blame it on instant booking but it's definitely tough out there right now. A lot of variables floating around and instant booking isn't helping in the slightest.

• Michelle_Jorgensen
    Options

Thank you for your answer. As a start-up company who was in the 3rd year and had been doing really well to doing absolutely nothing and looking back at the previous years, show's that the instant booking killed our business. Part of this is our fault for putting all our "eggs" in 1 basket.

• MilanCleaningCompany
    Options

I think we can all agree we made the same mistake. If you look at the poll you will see a MAJORITY of the people who voted are against IB but Thumbtack has not done anything so far to fix it.

• Styles
    Styles Posts: 5
    Options

Wow 21+ pages of bad reviews. Still deaf ears. This company does not care about us, their clients.

• Average_joe1
    Options

Been getting a lot of irrigation leads about peoples systems Not working. We are In a drought and watering has been reduced to one day a week. I’m paying for customer leads who do not know this and just got changed $88 for this as well as 3 others for the same issue. Disputed and denied, so next time I’ll just make something up and charge the customer for atleast $250 to tell them that their water is off due to restrictions and blame thumbtack for the high charge. You do not want honest pros, you want pros who produce money by any means got it!

• VANiK
    VANiK Posts: 13
    Options

The unfortunate thing about all of this is.... let's say TT comes around and decides to "save" their platform. The damage will already be done.

• MilanCleaningCompany
    Options

Sometimes companies tank themselves by infiltrators so that they can be sold off to someone else. That can be what is happening here because they don't seem to be in a rush to fix things.

• KLsmith
    KLsmith Posts: 14
    Options

It certainly does feel that way. I can't imagine that IB has brought them MORE revenue. Maybe I'm a fool but I'm still holding out hope that Marco will see the error of his ways and TT will be a pleasure to use again.

• MilanCleaningCompany
    Options

Same here.. there is just no way they can't see this mistake. The only way they are getting revenue is surely by new sign ups because there is just NO WAY any professional will stay on here week after week after their budgets are getting eaten up with no results. I think it's possible they have to let certain financial periods finish cycling so they can see the reports before they decide to change things. That my own professional guesstimation.