January contest: Looking ahead.

DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,580

To enter January's contest drop a comment below and tell us:

1. One goal/intention you have for the new year
  2. One tip for success in the new year
  3. One thing you'd like to see in this Community this year

We'll pick a winner at random to receive some exclusive Thumbtack swag. And cheers to a successful year ahead!

Comments

• The goal we have for this year is to make $500,000 in sales. We cleared $300,00 in 2022 and $150,00 in 2021.

Tip for success in the new year is to never give up. No matter what ups or downs we have. We just need to remember that the bad day doesn't define you.

I really don't have much experience in this community as of now. I am just starting out using Thumbtack. The best answer I can give is to see more of me in this community this year. With us all being in the trades, we can all learn and grow from each other.

• As a web designer, my main goal for this year is to network and collabarate that will eventually help me find my dream clients.

This year's tip for success is to stay up to date with industry trends and best practices. It's important to stay up to date with these trends and best practices to ensure that you are providing the best possible service to your clients and delivering high-quality work. This could involve reading industry blogs, attending conferences or workshops, and networking.

Being a part of many communities including Adobe Ambassador Program, I have learned that having a strong support system and connections with fellow service providers can be a valuable resource for learning, sharing ideas, and seeking advice and guidance.

• My one goal this year is to buy my first truck for my business so I can be more effective.

One tip for success is to focus on the one client , that one next client it’s All it should be in your mind at that time , listen to them and provide solutions.

I’d like to see more phone support from thumbtack, I’m old school and like to talk to people but I’ll settle for a dedicated representative that can be in touch with my day to day issues.

• Hello everyone and happy New Year!

One goal that we would like to accomplish this year would be to hire an additional employee, we're not totally decided on whether that should be an office support staff member or a field technician. Whatever one we choose will be a big undertaking because this where a business needs to come up with a structure to be able to replicate the service that we provide our customers as owners.

The one tip for success I would give to anybody would be based on a quote I heard "if your business isn't growing then the business is dying" I've talked about this on here before but even if you're in a stagnant spot the only place you can go is down. We don't like to hear it but everybody is at risk of losing clients and work so if you're not consistently finding new clients, better pricing, or figuring out how do you do things in a manner that gives you more time then you're just going to start to lose more and more. So keep your foot on the gas and keep grinding!

Personally I would like to participate in more live video sessions this year with the community and I would like to see more participation in the video sessions throughout the community. It would be nice to see the community having to do multiple meetings on the same topic just to fit everybody in and get everybody's questions answered. It doesn't matter if you're a veteran or brand new to thumbtack the community is a great place to learn and get in touch with like-minded individuals.

• Hi I’m Sam Glam, makeup artist, & hairstylist. As well as a beauty branding coach and content creator.

1. My biggest goal for the year is to reach 6 figures
    2. My tip for success is to never stop networking and building relationships that can last a lifetime
    3. One thing I’d like to see in the community is more team building. More support. Collaborations.

let’s Glo get it 2023!

• Our goal is to continue the quality of family entertainment we are known for and expand our market

Success begins with customer service! Our type of business is providing a great experience to our patrons. This leads to more business and repeat clients.

I would love to see more personalized support!!

• Our goal this year is to improve our marketing and hire new employees.

One tip for success is to keep the big vision in site.

I would love to see more support.

• My goal is to publish my BOOK. Title. "The Tale of Magic Pixie Dust". By John P.Hoepfner

• Happy Mohave found your site. John

• Hope I can get your positive note

1. Our goal is to clear 100k net profit this year
    2. Find the joy in the little things, don't let the process beat you. There is something good in every moment
    3. More outreach and networking opportunities through niche industries

• DustiO

I really love all of these responses!

• You sent me a notice to select my “swag” then when I got there it continually told me my password was incorrect. It was not. So I changed it, and went back. Same nonsense. So I came here. Because customer service is nearly impossible to get to. My friends can never find me in T Tack. I have ALL 5 star reviews yet you rank me at 4.7. So you obviously cater to those that spend tons of money on leads. Which you way over charge for my trade. And NEVER check on us, unless you deny a refund for a lead that already gired so RK e before I even contacted them. Over and over and over again. I reduced my foot print. Yet you send me “opportunities that are 2-3 hours away from me for a $300 to $500 gig?! And charge me 20-30 bucks for dead leads that ghost me. Your pro assistance is dead last in the customer service realm. I should be able to send this through the app. Not have to come here to have my voice heard. Of course I don’t expect to ever see this hit the light of day. You dropped the ball entirely on this one. And I have NO RECOURSE.

• LoveUnions
    LoveUnions Posts: 1
    edited February 2023

Brand new to the Thumbtack Community. So excited being here.

My is 2023 goals include increasing the number of weddings I do this year by 5% and increasing my network of fellow local weddings vendors (DJs, Photographers, Caterers, Florists) to provide mutual referral business between us.

After 15 years in the business, my one tip for success to everyone is customer service and referral business is key. If your clients/customers are pleased with the work you do, then they will be happy to refer you to people they know (friends, family, and others who would be good business resources). In the wedding industry, it is common practice and I also make a point of always having my business cards with me and when I perform a wedding to exchange cards with the DJ, photographers, videographers, caterers, and event coordinators. I also make a point of staying for about 10-15 minutes after the ceremony is over to say goodbye to couple but also because I often have guests who want to talk to me and will often ask for my card for their own needs or for someone they know. I have received several leads from doing so.

As I am brand new to the Thumbtack Community Group, I have no suggestions about anything new for the group this year. I would personally love the opportunity to meet more people across the many industries Thumbtack serves (including the wedding industry, of course) and learn everyone’s best practices and make some new friends and connections. Even after 15 years as an officiant, I am still learning new stuff everyday to help make my business better, and I think I have some experience I can offer to help others as well. I am looking forward to being part of this community.

• DustiO
    edited February 2023

@Boomers_6959 You need to use the password that is in the email in bold lettering and not your Thumbtack password, just as is written in the email.

"Opportunities" are just that, opportunities. You are sent those as optional leads that are NOT within your targeting preferences, that is why they are optional and you do not get charged for them unless the customer responds. If you don't want to do a job that far away, simply don't respond to that opportunity.

Please use the resources in the Help Center to better understand the different types of leads.

If you'd like to leave feedback for Thumbtack, this is not the place. Please send your feedback to support@thumbtack.com or check here for the best way to submit it, so that it can be properly logged and sent to the correct teams.

The Community is a space designed to connect pros to one another to share resources, we strive to keep conversations constructive here. Please see the Community Code of Conduct.

Once you've tried the correct password for your swag you should receive it in about 6 weeks. Thanks.

• DustiO

@LoveUnions so excited to have you here!

• DustiO

Everyone! We really loved all of these comments and thank you all for participating in this contest! Our randomly selected winner is @303Alpha — please DM me (@DustiO) your best mailing address. Thank you and we hope to see more of each of you in the Community! And, check out February's contest here!