Welcome to our new Community members — March 2024

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634

If you're tagged in this post, you've joined the Community over the past month - and we're so glad you're here. Drop a comment and introduce yourself - post a pic, a link to your Thumbtack profile, tell us about your business - or whatever you want to share. Some of you have already made a lot of amazing contributions in your first month — thank you for sharing your stories and feedback!

First, enter our Community contest for a chance to win some Thumbtack swag and a chance to be feature in Thumbtack media!

Then, check out the Community Code of Conduct and learn how to navigate the Community. And, watch this video to meet your Thumbtack Pro Advisors and learn about our Pro Advisory Board.

You can also join us for our bi-weekly live (over Zoom) networking events — we call those "CommuniTEA", because we join together to spill the tea, share tips, and talk through common struggles and solutions. Check out those events here (or click on your "events" tab), you'll find other webinars, workshops and events there too.

Here's to building this Community, together. Can't wait to "meet" you all!

@luxor @CoachJ1985 @Roofgalore @Brockjanis @ThatPlumberGuy @therobratliff @Jim_Pro2000 @Bill_Curtis7 @Durantati @grisanaya13 @SmartGarageDoors @Mommascleaning @EvanTeam @Gary_GMPMContracting @Lynnster @Terence @kybruner5 @Leesuniquecleaning @Sight4ever @FancifulFusions @Swualizer_1 @Voiceteacheremily @Sakib_Hossain @JRussell @NicksPianoServices @DMS1536 @AlphaReno @Oliensis @SuperbConstruction @Josephstone @JayG0_RD_LLC @Uva98 @Yulia @Willatainment @mosaicsco @DanteHawkinsc @Spotcleaning_jk2021 @RDCushing @rallycat @Lado @Hair_by_Tiffany @TaeishaP @BettencourtDrumming_ @sandy2510 @BERTHA @krystalcleaning @Bigfootcabinet1 @DinaGranados2014_ @Dmytro_malimon1 @Shaak009 @Ashley27 @Abriggs @Sage3009 @Mamaof4 @T60_Awareness @lukemetzler @Sb1982 @Cfeliciano500 @Ivanbarreraph @Tahoe_bridal11 @Patricia899 @Valentina @Jalease @DocMarble1 @Jordan_Hillyer1 @kjanelle @Outdoorgirl333 @Thebosscompany_1 @SparkNShineCleanAz @Giseli_123 @Thermatechhvac @Mayaman72_ @CHPhotography @Khameron9137 @TomMarino @JoeGhafari @DTLegalPro @Protaskmasters17_PTM @coolexpress @HaulInGoodTimeJRS @ChefVictor @Housepro @wallengaragedoors @alexcharlesmusic @PSR @Melissa_Con21 @Brian_o415 @RS3 @Ale @dncarpenter2 @KW_CleaningCo2024 @zargosh @Atlantic124 @Cobb_Concierge1 @BiggsBulkRemoval @Lidia @BrandonFoxPhotos @Rev_terrazas95 @Powergroup24 @JayseeR @MVH @AmyRagan

Comments

• RDCushing
    RDCushing Posts: 11
    Options

Hi,

I joined this community mostly because I was VERY HAPPY with Thumbtack and the results I achieved using it for three or three-and-a-half years. However, all of that changed dramatically about three or four months ago. I didn't change a thing, but what appears to be "Thumbtack 2.0" and its search for more of my money has reduced its value to me by 75 percent or more. I joined because I've gone from one raving about Thumbtack and recommending it to everybody and anybody I knew in a small service business to very disgruntled and searching for alternatives.

Sorry to pour rain on the parade.

• DustiO
    edited March 1
    Options

@RDCushing happy to have you here. Just a quick reminder to please read through the Community Code of Conduct linked above and check out how the Community works — the Community is a space for you to connect with pros, but is not a space designed for feedback. While we're happy to hear feedback and answer questions, there is not currently a mechanism to connect that feedback to your TT account and log it. So I would still recommend sending your feedback to support@thumbtack.com to be sure it's logged under your service/category. We're working on a suggestion box feature here in the Community, but it's not live yet! Let me know if there are any questions I can help answer. Have a wonderful weekend!

• RDCushing
    RDCushing Posts: 11
    Options

Did that previously with absolutely NO effective response--or even an explanation of what has happened or why.

• lukemetzler
    lukemetzler Posts: 1
    Options

Hi all! My name is Luke and I've been a solo and full band performer on Southern California Thumbtack since 2017. I love the opportunities that Thumbtack has afforded me and I take great pride in the reviews I've garnered over the years. https://www.thumbtack.com/ca/los-angeles/bands-for-hire/luke-metzler/service/287002957409101017

• DustiO
    Options

Wanted to drop this here - the next in our series of pro led workshops from Top Pro @AR2i Laura W. Learn Business Bookkeeping Best Practices from an industry expert, ask questions, and meet other Thumbtack pros.

(This is a pro-led workshop, and is not led by Thumbtack)

• DustiO
    Options

Pinging once more in this thread in case anyone is interested in attending the next in our series of Pro Led Workshops! Join Top Pro @AR2i Laura W. tomorrow to learn Business Bookkeeping Best Practices from an industry expert, ask questions, and meet other Thumbtack pros.

(This is a pro-led workshop, and is not led by Thumbtack)

• psieker
    psieker Administrator Posts: 8
    Options

Hey there! Just wanted to share with everyone about an upcoming webinar that can help take your business to the next level.

The event is titled "How to Target Your Ideal Customers" and will take place tomorrow, April 18th

This webinar is for pros who are new to Thumbtack or any pros who want to learn tips to target their ideal customers. We'll also discuss calendar management, responding to customers, and ranking higher in search results.

Don't miss out— register now. Hope to see you there! 😀