Welcome to our new Community members — February 2024

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,634

If you're tagged in this post, you've joined the Community over the past month - and we're so glad you're here. Drop a comment and introduce yourself - post a pic, a link to your Thumbtack profile, tell us about your business - or whatever you want to share. Some of you have already made a lot of amazing contributions in your first month — thank you for sharing your stories and feedback!

Check out the Community Code of Conduct, learn how to navigate the Community, and watch this video to hear from other Thumbtack pros about what "community" means to them, and this video to meet your Thumbtack Pro Advisors and learn about our Pro Advisory Board.

Also, join us for our bi-weekly "CommuniTEA" live (over Zoom) networking events — where we join together to network, share tips, and talk through common struggles and solutions. Check out those events here, along with some upcoming workshops and webinars (or click on your "events" tab).

Here's to building this Community, together. Can't wait to "meet" you all!

@MVH @AmyRagan @NorcalAandC @KMooney_5254 @EvansLandImprovement @Lucas_lyu @EXELRODRIGUEZ @Pinup22 @PhotographerMichael @FRichardson @ThePalomaGirls @Mightyoaks @heyrenee326 @Gloriousmovers @ShawnSavage @Greggurley @hitchedbyharper @Simplifixed @Scooterf64 @Itz_ashl33 @GC_Gutter_Services94 @Great_Greg @Cbrown71142 @lsguitar_60 @Knothead @HandyLeagueCorp @SilbanoB @Adonfish @midtex @HandyYak @TravisA @Burkesmen @Terrapin916 @Maureen_Nuccitelli @Holliday79 @fullflex @Waterstrength @Edvard @Jakekimmis @Nancy0311 @DezineSalad @Cloes_Tailoring @Christine @Groovement247 @Familysealed @Vibe_Scapes602 @redkoder @Tri4Aid @leez @joltex @Mr_Okayish @JAYBONDZ @Jhunter2112_ @Hollyj5 @Ameelya @Marco86 @juliegio @Bill_IV @JRTllc @Relyonservices1415 @Aura @Anliu999 @jhoney12 @SteveT_1967 @BrunoCastro @Darius_t @Bricago @fbaaklini @JasonProPool @eliteacctexperts24 @G_adi @Tillman_Heuer @Jodyvictos123 @Gigi @HappyBayConstruction @Mishelle79 @TidyWithJulia @atrungroi2015 @ChimeraSpirit @Millennials22 @dioduet @Stevie101 @JimmySix @sgholston75 @MACorliss @Cleanertoppro7 @AGrayson @JohnSwanson_89 @360Remodels @NexGenRemodeling @Fil777 @Eugene1965 @maylinpeterson @GIA @sabacleaners @Indivy85 @Diamiana12451 @NextLevel_650 @Mariedesigns101 @IllumeStudio @Sharon @JIa3bka @Mathan @Josherrod @HELP @Jokatech @pennylane @ChrisCeinar26 @mikeurresta @Davidtheman1 @Deirdre @Toni_P @troys_dogtraining @TravelforEwa @pelmaxservices2109 @Scjones10 @Toppro2024 @boomheadshot @JonK @Networky @LernikGrikorian @rschnepf13 @Woods1987 @RcSolutionsDMV @Victory2111_ @Alexanomadyoga @ronberglas @Bernard @Mariok11 @Taylortaj @EM2828

Comments

• PhotographerMichael
    Options

Hello All! I’m New to the group. My name is Michael and I am a photographer. Weddings, Engagements, and Events mainly, but I do Portraits too for the extra $$ especially from November-April when weddings are rare to non existent. I live in Ohio so winter time is dead time. I’m really hoping this global warming thing pans out so Ohio can be a tropical destination for weddings!! Hahaha!

Anyway I’d love to talk with people about how to get more business through Thumbtack. Any strategies or secrets anyone has, I’d love to hear them! How to get higher dollar clients would be great info! I am known in my area and I advertise on The Knot/WeddingWire, All of the socials, and I have a website. I get a large amount of clients from advertising on The Knot/WeddingWire. It’s higher dollar clients usually. I’d say 1 client from there can equal anywhere from 2-5 jobs on Thumbtack. That’s not a diss on Thumbtack it’s just how things have worked out.

I have tried raising my prices, but that back fired and I was getting far fewer leads from Thumbtack even though I raised my wedding bids to fully maxed out. So now I pay way more for way less.

I’d love to hear from anyone who has been through similar issues or anyone who can offer ideas! Thanks!

• DustiO
    Options

@PhotographerMichael thanks for posting! @Lemargriffinfilms is a seasoned photographer on Thumbtack and may have some good advice. I'd also recommend attending one of these new webinars that are happening this month, and you could also join our CommuniTEA sessions to chat with other pros.

• DustiO
    Options

Wanted to drop a comment here and make sure all of our new-to-the-Community pros know about this upcoming pro led workshop about stress detoxing! Click the link for more details and to RSVP

• DustiO
    Options

I wanted to drop in here one more time and give a shout out for these new webinars that are happening this month, starting next week, in case you missed it!

• DustiO
    Options

Reminder that this Stress Detox workshop is happening now! Feel free to join via Zoom, and we'll be posting a recording later!

• DustiO
    Options

ICYMI I posted a new Community contest — be sure to check it out and enter if you'd like!

• DustiO
    Options

Wanted to drop this here - the next in our series of pro led workshops from Top Pro @AR2i Laura W. Learn Business Bookkeeping Best Practices from an industry expert, ask questions, and meet other Thumbtack pros.

(This is a pro-led workshop, and is not led by Thumbtack)

• psieker
    psieker Administrator Posts: 8
    Options

Hey there! Just wanted to share with everyone about an upcoming webinar that can help take your business to the next level.

The event is titled "How to Target Your Ideal Customers" and will take place tomorrow, April 18th

This webinar is for pros who want to learn tips to target their ideal customers. We'll also discuss calendar management, responding to customers, and ranking higher in search results.

Don't miss out— register now. Hope to see you there! 😀

• Mightyoaks
    Mightyoaks Posts: 4
    Options

Take me off. Thumbtack has sunk to new lows. I’m not interested in anything they offer. It’s all just eyewash

• DustiO
    Options

@Mightyoaks you can unsubscribe from these notifications in your profile settings here in the Community. Click on your avatar in the upper right hand corner, then click "Account & Privacy Settings" and then click "Notification Preferences" and then you'll see where you can uncheck the notifications you don't wish to receive. Thanks!