A new Rewards period is coming — March 1

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,640

We can’t believe how quickly this Thumbtack Pro Rewards period is flying by — but we’ve sure enjoyed it! We’ve met you in Thumbtack success workshops and digital marketing webinars, you’ve shared your Thumbtack swag, joined the Pro Partnership Committee and shared your feedback, contributed your featured expert stories and so much more.

A new qualifying period is coming up soon — on March 1st. If you currently have Silver, Gold, or Platinum status in Pro Rewards, check that you are set to qualify again. If you’re not quite there, see where you stand and find out what you’ll need to do to qualify.

If you have any questions about how Thumbtack Pro Rewards works or how to qualify, drop them below. If you have tips for pros striving to qualify, share those below too!

Let’s do this!

Comments

• Jennifer_Longociu
    Options

Hi @DustiO!

I'm a little confused. In the last days of February, I had almost reached Platinum status with about 400 points to go, and now, as of March 1, I have lost all my accumulated points and have to start over. This is confusing and disheartening.

It said I have Gold status until June 1, so why did I lose my points? I hope it is a mistake. These points are too expensive to achieve to then lose them all.

Thanks!

Jennifer

• Jennifer_Longociu
    Options

P.S. If I had known that I was going to lose my points, I certainly would have stayed "live" longer those last few days to reach the goal.

In addition, I only get 100 points per lead so it takes me a long time to accumulate 1200 or more points.

Also, I had a health issue the last days of the month and wasn't able to be on as much as usual.

Thanks,

Jennifer

• Jennifer_Longociu
    Options

@DustiO One more comment while I'm thinking about it...

The date that is most important, such as the reset date of March 1, in this case, should be at the top of the rewards page - not June 1. That would have helped me realize I was up against a deadline.

I do think perhaps the whole rewards system is harder to understand than it should be. I'm a fairly sharp person, and if I have trouble understanding it, it is probably too complicated :) Thanks!

Jennifer

• DustiO
    Options

@Jennifer_Longociu Your points will reset at the beginning of each rewards period. You can read more detail about it here. When you're looking on your rewards page in your app/desktop you'll see the date that you have your status until (when you earn a status, you get it immediately and through the next rewards period, which is why you would have seen "June 1" there). Sorry about the confusion, but you are right, it is somewhat complicated. But, you have 4 chances per year to earn status, and we are working on some ways for you to earn extra points - so keep watch for those updates in the coming months. Thank you!

• DustiO
    Options

PS You also should have received an email reminding you that the period was coming to an end (it goes out about 2 weeks before the period ends) - so I would also recommend checking your notification settings to be sure you are getting those emails.

• Jennifer_Longociu
    Options

@DustiO I did receive the email but the system is complicated enough for a newbie like me that I didn't put it all together in my mind. It doesn't help that the system shows two sets of 1200 points for the 2400 and also showed a ending date of June 1, instead of March 1. Believe me, if I'd seen the words "March 1 reset" on my rewards status page, I would have made absolutely sure that I achieved 2400 by that date. Thank you.

• Jennifer_Longociu
    Options

@DustiO Also, it would be helpful to note in bold print somewhere that a reset means that ALL of your current accrued points will be lost.

This important fact gets lost in the noise and shuffle of all the rules, rewards, and levels of the program, in my humble opinion.

Thanks

• DustiO
    Options

I will see if we can make that more clear in those emails, thanks for the feedback/insight!

• HarpersOKC
    HarpersOKC Posts: 3
    Options

How did she go live to get more work? Or more leads? I’ve never seen that option.

• DustiO
    Options

@HarpersOKC I think that is just referring to having your account/targeting turned on so you are showing in search results (there isn't a "live" feature like on FB or IG if that's what you were thinking 😅). If you turn OFF targeting or "hide" your business you wouldn't show up in search results and wouldn't get leads (so you wouldn't be "live" for potential customers). Hope that makes sense!

• Jennifer_Longociu
    Options

Thank you @DustiO for your efforts to make the emails and the program more straightforward. I appreciate it.