Welcome to our new Community members! (4/1)

Options
DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,622

If you're tagged in this post, you've joined the Community in the last 2 weeks - and we're so glad you're here. Drop a comment and introduce yourself - post a pic, a link to your Thumbtack profile, tell us about your business - or whatever you want to share. A few important Community highlights:

Be sure to enter the April contest for the chance to be featured on Thumbtack and to win exclusive Thumbtack swag! And RSVP for our bi-weekly CommuniTEA networking hour — where you can meet other pros and Thumbtack team members.

Here's to building this Community, together. Can't wait to "meet" you all!

@J_Francis @hrtaxservices @Goldsmith @Manny007 @Handyman1 @Jmichaeld26 @SCARLET @jlvilders111 @shaiimagery @NEM @ScottWillisPiano61 @Conlie @markplainfield @MCGEvents @TCB_Accounting @Kaugustin @TameishaA @Vainriesyl @Julie @AlexPDX @williamdsouder @tandyshimai @Simon @Cat @borjieporgy @Prolificsteamers1990 @Jphotography @cbroncano @nguy_16 @Andreea @Joeyschafer @Fedorenko35 @Bosslady @JeffGuerinot @Jakecasey @zetvaa @shaun0720 @Maddie_2 @leon @Kfjevent @Gene @lkatz16 @paladinstudios @ChefAsia @Bairo @Zemerisw @Notarymom @malloryt @ChefAngel @Cool_Comfort1 @HELPINGHANDS14 @Beefjerky @Spudweb @Cgfrontz @co_c0 @Ayubib19 @Sundaymornin @LocalIntellitech @ViolinbyVicki @PPW_2022 @Elaine @Lois @Dietz08 @CouchHeldHostageMC @SeatonHagerstown @Aaron @Glenn @ArelyPlasencia98 @barrazaonline @Firehawk @Norma @Brandon1977 @Jane @Hypnotist @Dr_cblanchardhoran @Adrysballoons @Rush38 @cmphotography_hsv @Semperfihauling @Hammerhead @Burak @Desolatepariah @Mrspantera11_ @Vicki @JillBasler @Stevie_D @Richw29 @Kbennett @SewerLinePro @RGA @xBryanD @Alfredo @Ohschuur @MentalHealth_333 @Srpulling @Bubblesthecleaner @Anthony @AMurray @Tristarheroes @Entriquitb12_ @kb_vb @Maxxtax @Zed4Show_ @Babelectric @Khamcam_2 @MARNIE

Comments

• ChefAsia
    ChefAsia Posts: 2
    Options

Hii everyone Im Chef Asia located out in Myrtle Beach Area my website is asiaskitchenoflovellc.com and my profile is https://www.thumbtack.com/sc/myrtle-beach/personal-chefs/asias-kitchen-love-llc/service/450375380947181573

• leon
    leon Posts: 3
    Options

Hi all, I'm Leon, an independent software engineer working on some integrations between Thumbtack and CRM systems my clients use to manage their leads. If you have similar needs, let me know!

• ScottWillisPiano61
    Options

Does anyone know how I can change my Preferences. I play solo, instrumental piano, I am the top cover song pianist in Dallas-Fort Worth and play about 250 events a year. But I don't sing, so every lead I get for a singer-pianist is money lost to me, and I can't find how to target my preferences. In fact, I can't find my preferences at all!

• DustiO
    Options

@ScottWillisPiano61 The Thumbtack Help Center is a great resource if you have questions like this and you don't want to wait for an answer here! Here is an article with instructions for changing your preferences.

I took a look at your account and you don't have voice selected, so you shouldn't be getting leads for singing. If you do get those, I would definitely request a refund.

• ScottWillisPiano61
    Options

I must be thick as a brick, I know my profile, but I can't find the preferences I set, or how to change them. The article seems to just say how to set up preferences from scratch, not how to find the existing ones and later them:(

• ScottWillisPiano61
    Options

They often give me a refund, but last time they didn't, they just said to narrow my preferences, but I can't find how to do that. I have tried calling and chat but end up on hold until they close for the day. When I set up my service, there was no way to select instrumental solo piano, so I think when a client puts singing pianist/piano, the lead sees pianist/piano and charges me as a direct lead.

• ScottWillisPiano61
    Options

How did you look up my account (specifically preferences), or how do I do that?

• DustiO
    Options

This article is linked within the one I posted above and it walks you through step-by-step

• ScottWillisPiano61
    Options

I am asking because I assume I am not the only one in this community that is having trouble with it, I searched for previous threads about it:)

• ChefAsia
    ChefAsia Posts: 2
    Options

I had issues with getting refunds I had 10 direct leads and contacted each one and no one responded and i tried to dispute but nothing so i keep my budget low now to avoid high fees every week for no responses that really needs to change those who don’t respond at all should be refunded

• ScottWillisPiano61
    Options

Ah, I see now, it is under "DJ services", which is weird because I am not a DJ, I thought was some new service they were suggesting that I add, but then I found my piano preferences. You are right, I do not have Vocals selected. Well, they turned down my Request a Refund, and I can't get ahold of customer support to fix it. I also have a longstanding issue with client review photos appearing in my Featured Projects that I can't remove, but I cannot get ahold of Support about that either. They used to pick up the phone, maybe something has changed. Thank you!

• MARNIE
    MARNIE Posts: 10
    Options

dustiO, what is your email? thanks. Marnie Macauley (top pro) at marniemacauley@gmail.com

• MARNIE
    MARNIE Posts: 10
    Options

• DustiO
    Options

@MARNIE You are welcome to DM me here in the Community. Thanks!