Welcome to our new Community members! (4/1)

DustiO
DustiO Administrator, Moderator Posts: 1,582

If you're tagged in this post, you've joined the Community in the last 2 weeks - and we're so glad you're here. Drop a comment and introduce yourself - post a pic, a link to your Thumbtack profile, tell us about your business - or whatever you want to share. A few important Community highlights:

Be sure to enter the April contest for the chance to be featured on Thumbtack and to win exclusive Thumbtack swag! And RSVP for our bi-weekly CommuniTEA networking hour — where you can meet other pros and Thumbtack team members.

Here's to building this Community, together. Can't wait to "meet" you all!

@J_Francis @hrtaxservices @Goldsmith @Manny007 @Handyman1 @Jmichaeld26 @SCARLET @jlvilders111 @shaiimagery @NEM @ScottWillisPiano61 @Conlie @markplainfield @MCGEvents @TCB_Accounting @Kaugustin @TameishaA @Vainriesyl @Julie @AlexPDX @williamdsouder @tandyshimai @Simon @Cat @borjieporgy @Prolificsteamers1990 @Jphotography @cbroncano @nguy_16 @Andreea @Joeyschafer @Fedorenko35 @Bosslady @JeffGuerinot @Jakecasey @zetvaa @shaun0720 @Maddie_2 @leon @Kfjevent @Gene @lkatz16 @paladinstudios @ChefAsia @Bairo @Zemerisw @Notarymom @malloryt @ChefAngel @Cool_Comfort1 @HELPINGHANDS14 @Beefjerky @Spudweb @Cgfrontz @co_c0 @Ayubib19 @Sundaymornin @LocalIntellitech @ViolinbyVicki @PPW_2022 @Elaine @Lois @Dietz08 @CouchHeldHostageMC @SeatonHagerstown @Aaron @Glenn @ArelyPlasencia98 @barrazaonline @Firehawk @Norma @Brandon1977 @Jane @Hypnotist @Dr_cblanchardhoran @Adrysballoons @Rush38 @cmphotography_hsv @Semperfihauling @Hammerhead @Burak @Desolatepariah @Mrspantera11_ @Vicki @JillBasler @Stevie_D @Richw29 @Kbennett @SewerLinePro @RGA @xBryanD @Alfredo @Ohschuur @MentalHealth_333 @Srpulling @Bubblesthecleaner @Anthony @AMurray @Tristarheroes @Entriquitb12_ @kb_vb @Maxxtax @Zed4Show_ @Babelectric @Khamcam_2 @MARNIE

Comments

• ChefAsia
    ChefAsia Posts: 2

Hii everyone Im Chef Asia located out in Myrtle Beach Area my website is asiaskitchenoflovellc.com and my profile is https://www.thumbtack.com/sc/myrtle-beach/personal-chefs/asias-kitchen-love-llc/service/450375380947181573

• leon
    leon Posts: 3

Hi all, I'm Leon, an independent software engineer working on some integrations between Thumbtack and CRM systems my clients use to manage their leads. If you have similar needs, let me know!

• Does anyone know how I can change my Preferences. I play solo, instrumental piano, I am the top cover song pianist in Dallas-Fort Worth and play about 250 events a year. But I don't sing, so every lead I get for a singer-pianist is money lost to me, and I can't find how to target my preferences. In fact, I can't find my preferences at all!

• DustiO

@ScottWillisPiano61 The Thumbtack Help Center is a great resource if you have questions like this and you don't want to wait for an answer here! Here is an article with instructions for changing your preferences.

I took a look at your account and you don't have voice selected, so you shouldn't be getting leads for singing. If you do get those, I would definitely request a refund.

• I must be thick as a brick, I know my profile, but I can't find the preferences I set, or how to change them. The article seems to just say how to set up preferences from scratch, not how to find the existing ones and later them:(

• They often give me a refund, but last time they didn't, they just said to narrow my preferences, but I can't find how to do that. I have tried calling and chat but end up on hold until they close for the day. When I set up my service, there was no way to select instrumental solo piano, so I think when a client puts singing pianist/piano, the lead sees pianist/piano and charges me as a direct lead.

• How did you look up my account (specifically preferences), or how do I do that?

• DustiO

This article is linked within the one I posted above and it walks you through step-by-step

• I am asking because I assume I am not the only one in this community that is having trouble with it, I searched for previous threads about it:)

• ChefAsia
    ChefAsia Posts: 2

I had issues with getting refunds I had 10 direct leads and contacted each one and no one responded and i tried to dispute but nothing so i keep my budget low now to avoid high fees every week for no responses that really needs to change those who don’t respond at all should be refunded

• Ah, I see now, it is under "DJ services", which is weird because I am not a DJ, I thought was some new service they were suggesting that I add, but then I found my piano preferences. You are right, I do not have Vocals selected. Well, they turned down my Request a Refund, and I can't get ahold of customer support to fix it. I also have a longstanding issue with client review photos appearing in my Featured Projects that I can't remove, but I cannot get ahold of Support about that either. They used to pick up the phone, maybe something has changed. Thank you!

• MARNIE
    MARNIE Posts: 9

dustiO, what is your email? thanks. Marnie Macauley (top pro) at marniemacauley@gmail.com

• MARNIE
    MARNIE Posts: 9

• DustiO

@MARNIE You are welcome to DM me here in the Community. Thanks!